Adorable Alice have you seen what BD are running

AdorableAlice

Visit site
Oh wow, thank you BP. Now there is something to aim for - if I can catch the furry pillock, he escaped onto some fresh grazing on Tuesday and has been awol ever since.

j1ffy

Visit site
Oh please do it! I'm qualified for the PRE champs the day after and had thought I might go the day before to catch some of the heavies doing dressage. I don't think I've commented on your posts but I've followed Ted's story and would love to see him in the flesh!

j1ffy

Visit site
I was excited until I saw how many hoops you have to jump through to join, I'm sure it will be lovely to watch.

Is it not the same as the other associated championships then??

For most of them you simply have to be a BD member (Quest club membership is enough to qualify with - I think it's only around £20 per year), then get two scores over 60% in any BD competitions. For the PRE one you also have to be a member of the breed association.

ETA - just checked and yes it's the same. Last year was my first year of affiliated dressage and I found it very simple to qualify, and BD are very helpful if you need to contact them with any questions: http://www.britishdressage.co.uk/news/show/2594-draught-horses-power-their-own-championships-

Last edited:

Farcical1

Visit site
I do some dressage writing at Keysoe; I think I shall have to make myself available this weekend. Should be fabulous to see.

AdorableAlice

Visit site
I darted him with a spear that fixed him good and proper. He reckons he gave me his annual leave card and I signed it before he escaped and went awol. He has been out hacking this morning and we are in discussion with his rider about the BD classes. We might have a problem because his rider rode my good horse up to medium BD so might not be able to ride Ted at the level Ted is capable of in the heavy horse classes. I have glanced at the rules but not read and understood them properly yet.

HufflyPuffly

Visit site
I'm pretty sure they could do Prelim gold AA, well at least I can with a new horse with medium points from a previous horse.