Adult mounted games today - AMAZING!

Paint Me Proud

Visit site
Today Kasper and I had a go at something completely different, adult mounted games!

We made a team of 4 horses and riders and a 5th member on foot and entered. Sooo happy we did, it was so much fun :D

There were 9 teams and 7 different races. We competed in heats of three teams then the winners of each went back into the final and points were won in the final.

I wont waffle on but instead leave you watch the races in my video :D

I will just add though that I have found Kaspers hidden skill at bending poles and tight turns!

Enjoy....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YoH9yCbuv04

Kaylum

Visit site
Love mounted games we do this in our riding lessons sometimes. We also have very popular adult only pony days.

Deltaflyer

Visit site
Wish they'd do this round our way. Everyone takes everything so flipping seriously - looks like you all had brilliant fun :)

Paint Me Proud

Visit site
Says video not available - is it set to private? Were you at Rodbaston? We were there cheering on our RC. I'm hoarse (pardon the pun!!)

Due to the songs it may not play on some devices, will work on laptops etc.
Yes it was Rodbaston, we were the red and black team, with me being on the big buckskin :D

Coblover63

Visit site
So enjoyable to watch....lovely to see grown ups getting to have some uninhibited fun - across a wide age range too! I've been inspired to buy some bending poles and learn with my pony. Would like to have a go next year!

Coblover63

Visit site
Seen the vid now.... brilliant footage.... it's brought it all back to me! haha...

Were you the lady that had the armband on to control your head-cam? Husband and I were fascinated and now I can ask which one it is, please?

Paint Me Proud

Visit site
Seen the vid now.... brilliant footage.... it's brought it all back to me! haha...

Were you the lady that had the armband on to control your head-cam? Husband and I were fascinated and now I can ask which one it is, please?

yes that was me :D
It is a Drift Ghost S, as you say controlled via the remote I was wearing around my upper arm, means I only actually record the good bits, lol!

Wishfilly

Visit site
This looks like so much fun. I love mounted games, more people should hold adult only mounted games competitions. I think there would be lots of competitors!

Paint Me Proud

Visit site
This looks like so much fun. I love mounted games, more people should hold adult only mounted games competitions. I think there would be lots of competitors!

We were saying this yesterday, it was so much fun and a great activity for both horse and rider that I'm surprised it's not more common. I would happily go several times a year,

ester

Not slacking multitasking
Visit site
I would love to play games on my horse but I would fear for his legs :( saying that he does much worse in the field with the ponies lol!

surely you'd be better off on a shetland :)

I always remember my vet at our RS open show doing gymkhana games on his very confused team chaser!

teapot

Visit site
Oh how cool!

There's something about games and adults... we get super competitive at RDA when we do them.

marmalade76

Visit site
Now I'm a bit of a chicken when it comes to jumping these days and our best animal is 12.3/13h I always do the open gymkhana and handy pony. They're the cheapest classes to enter, I always go home with an armful of frillies (some of them are quite big these days!) and it's quite satisfying when you out-run someone much younger than yourself :)

Last weekend:-

GFD_8727_zps7mbamabw.jpg

Last year:-

10922699_10200571183037530_1297633390352564598_n_zpse4h9spkn.jpg

And just to prove I let the varmint have a go too:-

GFD_8753_zpsobpgddis.jpg

Visit site
surely you'd be better off on a shetland :)

I did games on my grey Shetland once. Never again! You couldn't pick anything up or put anything down which was fine as I used.my.other Shetland for the ball and bucket (awesome when you are given tennis balls as you can pretty much put them.on the floor!) and the flag race. Flint did the bending and walk, trot, canter gallop.

Won his wtcg group by miles so went into the final. For some reason I stood next to the starter for this. The flag dropped and the Pony WENT! It's a good job there were no ring ropes as I made it to the other end of the field and back before he stopped! Yeah he was far more used to a flag starting the Shetland grand national! Flag drop means GO! Lol!

Despite that I did come 4th overall on points between my 2 ponies. The other one has spent years on the pony club games team but he isn't allowed to do the race where you pop balloons as he stamps on all of them and you can't get him away until all are dead and bust!

Enfys

Visit site
Great fun! Once they get the hang off it horses love all this stuff. Nothing better for camaraderie, and downright fun :)

We have Games Nights and Soccer Nights at a friends stables, I don't do the games, just take the photos and scream myself hoarse, but the soccer - that is crazy. Our horses love it and really get into it, we have riders from 10 - 65 years old, a lot of the horses are in halters and often the kids choose to ride bareback too.

I am in there somewhere :)

https://apps.facebook.com/magisto/video/aVgCPlxaH2o8VENiCzE?fb_ref=l0vsm1o0a1c0f

Last edited:

rowan666

Visit site
I would love more shows to do this for adults, saddly though as an adult that rides a pony I probobly wouldn't be eligle anyway. The bay in the video looks tonnes of fun!

Paint Me Proud

Visit site
I would love more shows to do this for adults, saddly though as an adult that rides a pony I probobly wouldn't be eligle anyway. The bay in the video looks tonnes of fun!

He is, his name is Robbie and he's about 17 years old I believe, he's a super horse and was thoroughly enjoying himself :D

Pidgeon

Visit site
Was great fun! 5th year I think that we've done this. 17hh of ginger ISH having fun. Great video our team was to the right of you in the milk race.

Paint Me Proud

Visit site
Was great fun! 5th year I think that we've done this. 17hh of ginger ISH having fun. Great video our team was to the right of you in the milk race.

were you the black team? If so I loved the little super heavy dark buckskin/palomino sort of colour cob in your team, he is a little handsome chunk :)