Adult mounted games today - AMAZING!

Pidgeon

Visit site
Yes we were, that's my sister's heavy weight cob Sunny. She was not impressed he bronced her off in the first race!!!

Paint Me Proud

Visit site
Yes we were, that's my sister's heavy weight cob Sunny. She was not impressed he bronced her off in the first race!!!

Oops, lol! A bit of a character then :d I was admiring him all day, what colour do you class him as (hard to tell from photos)?

suffolkmare

Visit site
So enjoyable to watch....lovely to see grown ups getting to have some uninhibited fun - across a wide age range too! I've been inspired to buy some bending poles and learn with my pony. Would like to have a go next year!

Best not to take part of this quote out of context!! But I did enjoy watching and I felt nostalgic for the mixed age gymkhanas and treasure hunts run by Abbeyfields RS in Hayes, Middx in the 90's... I once bit an apple clean in half whilst mounted during one race (I doubt anybody had done a risk assessment, lol) And could never forget the chaos of riderless ponies and ponyless kids during one mad treasure hunt...happy days!

Orangehorse

Visit site
It IS a lot of fun and the horses really seem to enjoy it too. The West Midlands BHS counties have an annual Mounted Games competition and I have taken part a few times although not for a year or two. The horses seem to pick it up very quickly, even those who have never done anything like it before. It is basically the same as the Pony Club Mounted Games except that the adults don't have to get ON a horse during a game. It is the same rules - no whips or smacking the horse and having to wait behind the line and a baton to hand over. Recommended.

Paint Me Proud

Visit site
It IS a lot of fun and the horses really seem to enjoy it too. The West Midlands BHS counties have an annual Mounted Games competition and I have taken part a few times although not for a year or two. The horses seem to pick it up very quickly, even those who have never done anything like it before. It is basically the same as the Pony Club Mounted Games except that the adults don't have to get ON a horse during a game. It is the same rules - no whips or smacking the horse and having to wait behind the line and a baton to hand over. Recommended.

This was the West Midlands BHS games :D

Wimbles

Visit site
We did games at The Ex Racers Club Championships at Arena UK one year, it was so much fun and Bob Champion's face as he watched my 18hh ex racer doing tempi changes in the bending race was a picture!!

WelshD

Visit site
That was brilliant. Thank you for sharing it

You all did brilliantly - I suspect Rach's horse missed his calling in life!

Paint Me Proud

Visit site
Paint I love your horse (what I could see of him!) looked like he was having fun

Thank you :)

This was him enjoying the day, and despite the look on my face, I was actually having a brilliant time too!

Mounted%20games%2021.05.16%204_zpsgxcblfkm.jpg

Mounted%20games%2021.05.16%202_zpsewoaijed.jpg

Mounted%20games%2021.05.16%206_zps29ylj9on.jpg

Mounted%20games%2021.05.16%203_zpsjp5s1uw4.jpg

Mounted%20games%2021.05.16%201%20copy_zpszqzmi4ek.jpg

Mounted%20games%2021.05.16%205_zpsiagdcqtb.jpg