adult mounted games

madeleine1

Visit site
Does anyone know if there is such thing as adult mounted games. And more specifically without vaulting on involved. I have an epic 16hh horse who kicks butt at short races and turning.

Orangehorse

Visit site
West Midlands Region of the BHS have an annual inter-county Adult Mounted Games, in memory of Heather Lucas, who had been a former West Mid Chairman and pioneer of Trec in the UK.

It is great fun, the rules are modified Pony Club rules, so we creaky adults don't have to run and leap on our somewhat larger horses, but basically the rules are the same. No hitting, no whips or spurs. It is run as a team competition with riders having to pass the baton at change-over. Games were bending, ride and run on flower-pots, dressing up/tyre race, mug race and flag race. The horses soon got the idea and really seemed to enjoy it as something different and fun.
It is slightly easier on a smaller mount, but there were a few 16.00 hh taking part.

Pidgeon

Visit site
Last edited:

Hoof_Prints

Visit site
my local riding club runs adult mounted games as part of the schedule, it's great fun and one chap take in his 16hh HW cob ! no vaulting, mostly just fun games such as gallop down, walk back (so difficult on a fizzy pony!) have to turn a circle if you jog/trot. Also race to the bottom, down the cider (or apple juice for kids) and gallop back etc :) My sister started taking her pony in for a bit of fun ! brilliant to watch :D

dianchi

Visit site
Have you looked at horseball??

Not sure where abouts you are but short speed and turning are musts! No vaulting either :)

madeleine1

Visit site
I have throught about horseball but my horse can be quick kicking with her back legs. Shes good with horses being close but not touching. Im in lincolnshire

dianchi

Visit site
When you say that she kicks, is that in the field or has she kicked others whilst you have been riding?

It is something that you have to train for and you cant expect a horse to immediately take to it (although some do!)

If you are interested in trying PM me and i can send on details.

madeleine1

Visit site
I dont think she will do horse ball. She hasn't kicked any horses while riding but only because ive been carefull. She does kick out when ridden