Advertising not allowed in sigs

MagicMelon

Visit site
Why not HHO? I dont see why its a problem. We're supporting H&H and we basically fuel your forums success! So why can't we add a tiny line in our sigs?? Its hardly massive advertising. Most people dont even read them anyway!

CastleMouse

Visit site
I was thinking the exact same thing when I saw the sticky this morning!
mad.gif

Christmas_Kate

Visit site
it's because you have to pay to advertise in H&H, so pretty pointless them saying yo have to pay to advertise in the magazine if you can advertise free on the forum. I was also told by admin last year that it's part of their server t&C's.
But I think so long as people don't say "for sale...." we should be allowed to. But there have been users using photos etc, which i think brought attention to the matter.

I'm just peed i'm not allowed to use the stud's website in my siggy anymore. I have pm'd admin re this so will let you know what they say.

burtie

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Most people dont even read them anyway!

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't even see them, have turned them off ages ago, so makes no odds to me!!

Weezy

Visit site
And for every click we make on here, H&H realise revenue I believe?

Still I can see their point - we accepted the T&Cs and in doing so agreed not to advertise - if you want to sell anything then go to Nelsons forum - stableads - there is a free to use board there for buying and selling or swopping
laugh.gif

frannieuk

Visit site
I don't think that my website is advertising - its more of a blog than anything else, I don't trade, buy or sell horses (or anything else for that matter!) so I don't see why I can't post the link to my webby.

Ashf

www.stencilbum.co.uk
Google uses page ranking to calculate where a website appears in its listings when you type in 'Horse' or 'Hound' or similar.

The page ranking isn't decided on the websites contents, but the amount of individual links from other websites.

I'll be quite happy to remove any link from the links page in my own website if those I link to don't think there is any value in it !

I was going to ring up HHO this afternoon to put some adverts in the magazine over the next few weeks - Hmmmmm

airedale

Visit site
they'd already had my money for adverts - now twice.....
so it wasn't as if I hadn't coughed for advertising space apart from having a sig.

Doreys_Mum

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Why not HHO? I dont see why its a problem. We're supporting H&H and we basically fuel your forums success! So why can't we add a tiny line in our sigs?? Its hardly massive advertising. Most people dont even read them anyway!

[/ QUOTE ]

Because you're NOT supporting H&H when you could be paying huge and stupid amounts of money for an advert in their magazines!!

airedale

Visit site
actually I reckon most of the people on here probably buy H&H regularly anyway - so they are getting their money out of us already.

as for spending huge amounts for advertising - you wait until they have a special offer on and then advertise.

Nic

Visit site
I have just asked if I am allowed to keep the link to my H&H advert.

Surely it makes sense if if I have already paid for it & am more likely to sell through H&H therefore more likely to reccommend it!
tongue.gif

clipclop

Visit site
I have never taken much notice of peoples sigs but I am PMSL at the new improved non advertising sigs
wink.gif
tongue.gif

BRILLIANT!

Gingernags

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
meh..i'm having miserable time trying to sell my rug..which i am no longer advertising in my sig....

[/ QUOTE ]

Is there anything you would swap it for? We have been pretty much OK offering to swap items as no-one is making money for it.

By the way, not that you are selling a rug, but if you had a spare rug that you could recommend to others - what would it be? And what would the ideal size be?
grin.gif

severnmiles

Visit site
I know!
mad.gif
I buy H&H ever week (daft enough not to pay a sub so I pay full price), I've advertised in the mag and I'm always using HHO and they then turn around and tell us we can't put one little line in our siggy which hardly even gives any details anyway.
mad.gif