advice and opinions please

SummerStorm

Visit site
The only thing I would say is that it's very forward cut so unless you want to do much jumping, It's probably not the best saddle to get.

Sorry I can't be much more help - I'm useless at values etc!
blush.gif
smile.gif

JadeWisc

Visit site
prob not too much jumping....what would i be looking for if it were only used for riding/hacking/galloping. (for my daughter for Christmas)
also, if she and I fit a 16in Western saddle, is the sizing the same for the English ones?

the watcher

Visit site
guessing by the price this is indian leather possibly, I would never pay more than £120 (225 dollars) for this kind of outfit so the price looks good even with postage. 17 inch saddle will fit up to about a UK size 14, if you have a very short coupled horse or a pony you might want to check, the measurement is taken from one of the nails a the front to the centre of the cantle..it is different to western saddles which tend to measure about an inch smaller in the seat.

You get what you pay for!

JadeWisc

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
You get what you pay for!

[/ QUOTE ]
I know, I am wondering if finding her a nice used one would be better. Even a new synthetic one. I think they are the easiest for a child to care for and seem much lighter. I can pick up a nice synthetic for $200 (with no fittings or bridle)

lillie07

Visit site
I presonally wouldnt because its on a wooden tree (ridgid). I would look for a second hand synthetic with a spring tree over that.