advice needed on how to grow a....

samsaccount

Visit site
.....backbone? (metaphorically speaking of course)
As some of you may be awear I am having a few slight problems with my livery, and today was the first time I have seen her in around a week and I was un able to tell her that I was extreamly unhappy about no-one coming to see her horse for her whilst she was having her baby (horse was left inside and no-one came to the yard for two days - although her husband apparently did one night but this would have been after 8-half 8ish as I was still on the yard at this point on both occasions). Her mum was with her tonight on the yard and although they were constantly in conversation I tried to mention I wanted a quiet word (after asking how the baby was) but I found myself unable to do so, even though I was even more annoyed that her or her husband (who I attempted to talk to about the situation earlier in the week) has not thanked me for taking care of their horse for two days. Maybe I am being selfish on that part. But at the moment I am unsure how to approach them as I feel extreamly intimidated by them, mainly due to the fact they are much older than I (18) and do not wish to be rude (yet I wish to be firm with them) as they are my elders. I am considering sending her a text asking if I can have a quiet word with her tomorrow night when she comes up to the yard, would you consider this as a bad idea and I should just (somehow) tell them when I next see them?

Like I said I think it is because I feel intimidated that I am unable to confront them on the matter.

Any suggestions, thanks
smile.gif

cariadssogreat

Visit site
Personally having followed your posts - I would put in writing that they have 30 days to find alternative livery. It is not your problem and it is not your horse and your are not they're skivvy. At least this way it will bring them down to earth with a bump and they may then be willing to discuss this with you in a reasonable manner rather than ignoring you

charlie900

Visit site
Bighteyes is right loads of us have managed babies and horses. If she cant then she should go full livery or sell the horse.Either way its not your problem to sort out. You gave her the oppertunity to have your help , you have been more than reasonable. If you cant tell her writr her a letter or try to get someone older and go to speak to her together. Its not worth the hassle having her as a livery she sounds like a pain in the a***e. If you ask her to go why not try and get an older companion pony on loan little ones cost nothing to feed.