Advice needed please!

Jadejods

Visit site
I have decided to sell my horse to buy something a little less competative , he really does need an owner who will use him to his full potential, i am just a happy hacker!!

Question is, do you think i should wait until Winter is over, i have been told this is not a good time to sell?

This is my first horse so i have not been in a position like this before, i will wait if i need too, but i thought i would ask you all as i am sure you are all more experienced in these circumstances than i am .

Thank you in advance.

filly190

Visit site
I would perhaps advertise him locally, in tack/feed shops and see what comes. A buyer can come along at any time, I think its best to put the ground work in now and then if you are getting no response, choose a time to pay for more expensive adverts.

_OC_

Visit site
I always think horses move quickly in the Spring when up for sell,and anything before Christmas is a "No no"!!! Having said that a friend had her horse up for sell about 2 weeks ago and she has sold through the local paper....a few years ago put my mare up for sale in H&H and had 47 calls!!!!..and that was in the Springtime as I waited then,so who knows,I guess the main concern is to get the right buyer for the horse....Good Luck with however you do it!
smile.gif

Sparklet

Visit site
Hi Cocobay,

I know you have had a few problems with your horse so you need to bear in mind a couple of things. If you wait until Spring you will have to keep the horse fit during winter and if you are not too keen doing that your horse will lose condition and fitness making it less attractive to a potential purchaser. You also need to consider the cost of keeping the horse until Spring which is effectively dead money.

Having read your other posts, in your shoes I would be tempted to turn your horse away until Jan time and then send it to be schooled up and sold for the Spring market.