advice needed please!

horsesatemymoney

Visit site
It's not horsey, so maybe should be in soapbox, but I kinda needed some advice asap ;)

Situation is this-just been offered a little p/t job, some extra cash which is great. Went today for my induction and in the course of the discussion it turns out that my landlady works there and would, in some occasions (sickness, holiday) be covering the shift that I'm on and so be my boss, effectively. Now, we get on great and I don't want to compromise the relationship that we have (have rented the house for a few years). I don't know if to turn the job down, and explain my reasons, or give it a go. I just don't think you should mix business and pleasure but maybe I'm being paranoid. Your thoughts would be so much appreciated as if I'm going to turn the job down, then I need to let the company know sooner rather than later.

Cookies for all! :D

CatStew

Visit site
Can you give it a go and see how you get on? It might be beneficial having a familiar face around you to show you how everything works. Jobs are hard to come by these days (I've been applying for jobs for 3 years to no avail! :( ) It would be a shame to turn it down.

Natz88

Visit site
Personally I would give it ago, as it's tough to get a job at the moment & if you turn it down you could end up out of work even longer & then regret it :)

horsesatemymoney

Visit site
I know I'm just worried that if I hate the job, or we have a disagreement it would make it difficult with the house- we have no agency its just done between us. Also, the guy told me that her best mate has recently been sacked and as part of that, another lady left, and that's who I'm replacing.....