advice on a lump on horses leg

pegasus1986

Visit site
Hi guys need some help my horse couple months ago trashed thru a fence and cut himself on a nail on the front of his hock it was quite deep but has healed now but its now a large lump any ideas how to reduce or get rid of it for the show ring??
20131004_095249_zps22af1ca3.jpg

Tiffany

Visit site
Did vet look at it when incident first happened? Reason for asking there could be something in there or could it just be scar tissue?

Dreamer515

Visit site
when my horse cut his hock joint he had to have it flushed and have antibiotics. my vet told me that due to the liquid in the joint it can easily become infected so they took samples and had results back within the hour and had the horse in vets within another hour. they said to me that the quicker it is done the better chance of a full recovery or he could have joint problems for rest of his life. i suggest you get a vet to look at it ASAP. i know it can be costly but if its the same as my boy then its better to pay to be flushed then to be on meds for rest of life and be flushed at later date. my boy caught his leg on a branch that had fallen in field and was a bit sharp.

even if it looks to have healed you dont know if it is infected on the inside.

Tiffany

Visit site
I'd ring your vet and say you are a little concerned about the lump. They may give you advice over the phone or come out again.