Advice on buying Rosei

LizzieWizzie

Visit site
My dear old TB Lizzie is now 24 and after 4 months off with a check ligament injury, is struggling to come back into work. Think it's time I give her the rest she has earnt and, whilst keeping her moving, let her relax now and enjoy semi-retirement!

have been looking for a youngster to bring into work alongside her as my next forever horse... I don't compete, I hack out a lot, enjoy hunting a few times over the season and pleasure rides... i am not a walk, trot, amble around the lanes rider though, am an ff track, fast rides, jump trees and ditches type girl...

Have just seen the sweetest 4 year old TB mare, genuine and kind, backed and ready to be brought in to work - the perfect project and exactly what I am looking for... and sellers will let me loan with a view to buy. I do have a concern about her being slightly over the knee on her fronts and her pasterns are a little sloping - though her toes are long and need trimming which aren't helping. Pic below...

Rosie2_zpsed0603ba.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Rosie1_zpsb0b2f099.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Does anyone this this will be an issue?

Thanks

texas

Visit site
LWVTB sounds ideal so that you can see if she suits what you want personality type. However, I would vet before you take her on, mentioning your concerns to the vet, so that you don't get attached and then find that she can't physically cope with what you want. Good luck and I hope you're older girl has a lovely retirement.

LizzieWizzie

Visit site
Thanks Texas... Yes, was thinking I'd get her home and let my vet take a look over her... She seems very polite and sweet tempered, has been well handled... Seems perfect, am just a little concerned about her conformation... Will keep you posted!!

Devonshire dumpling

Visit site
Louise, she was so delightful darling, I am sure she will be a great friend, you can get horses with perfect conformation who are plagued with injuries and illness, I think it's worth a punt, especially as she is available on loan! XX

lula

Visit site
Have recently bought a horse with quite long sloping pasterns. half tb. This worried me too so i had her vetted. vet said no problem, sometimes low slung pasterns provide more shock absorbtion than upright ones and as long as the hoof/pastern axis is correct there are no conformational worries. you cant go wrong here on lwvtb. Good luck and have fun with her!

LizzieWizzie

Visit site
Thank you! That's great to hear! I did read somewhere that short upright was more of an issue, so am glad to hear you say it as well. Hoof/pastern axis looks good and pasterns look worse due to long toes.

Really felt like we would make a good team, so desperately want her to be okay!! Thanks everyone!