Advice on correct turnout for dressage please

magichorse

Visit site
Please can anyone advise me on the correct dress for the rider for prelim dressage? I currently only have a tweed hacking jacket which I wear with a yellow shirt and tie. Would this be suitable or would a navy jacket/ stock be more correct?

Also, my horse is a sec D so form and m classes he is obviously unplaited. Would I need to plait him for dressage or go with the 'natural' look for that too?

Many thanks in advance x

Abbeygale

Visit site
Tweed and shirt and tie will be fine - a lot of people do wear black / navy jackets with a stock - but you will be fine in your hacking jacket.

You can go with your natural look with you Sec d - generally, as long as you look smart and tidy, you can't go too far wrong! :)

Also - you don't *have* to use a white dressage square under your saddle - as with the black / navy jackets, a lot of people do, but it's not in the rules!

Good luck :)

daydreambeliever

Visit site
I'm not sure if its correct but i wear a tweed jacket and leave my hairy unplaited, i would have thought it would depends on whether you are doing affiliated or unaffiliated.
I was always told you don't get extra marks for plaits so use that extra time for your working in, but i always try and make sure we are neat and tidy :)

magichorse

Visit site
Lol! I haven't plucked up the courage to enter yet so you're streets ahead of me! been having lessons again for a few months now so gaining confidence slowly but have a looooong way to go!

Best of luck for your second test! :) x