Advice on riding near Cirencester please!

sassy2106

New User
Visit site
Hi! I have recently moved to Bibury near Cirencester in Gloucestershire and I am really keen to meet some new horsey people round here and to learn about which are good livery yards and good places to ride in the area. I don't have a horse at the moment and am hoping to buy one next year, but I would like to do some riding and make some new friends between now and then. I am female and 27 and a competent rider.
Thank you!

monica123

Visit site
i have PM'D you
laugh.gif

annaellie

Visit site
Am in a similar position I recently moved to north bristol and do not know any 1 or livery yards so my mum looking after mine at the mo and am looking for new horse but need a liv yd as well. Its a nightmare

annaellie

Visit site
No not really I dont mind travling a distance as long as the yard is a good one I did put her on a yd near here but it was awful and could not find another with being new to area

annaellie

Visit site
As I\said if the yards a good one i will travel. I had 17.2 gelding that used to rear and box at you and charge people in feild, I found it so hard on every yd in my area I was on and no one could handle him even having a chifney they were not prepared to touch him even to the point give him no breakfast which was made up outside his door so it was just throw it over I was recomended a yd that would handle him if I needed it but it was 2 hrs travel time after going to yard and meeting the staff he was moved there 2 weeks later and remained there till unfortanlly he was pts

alfirules

Visit site
there is a very good riding stables near stroud in gloucestershire, its about 15-20 mins drive frm cirencester. they do excellent hacks and have really nce horses to ride. its called Barton End Stables. many people who go there travel from Bristol and Oxford as well as local villages and towns because it is ne of the best riding stables there is around.
for more info:

www.bartonendstables.co.uk

annaellie

Visit site
well I got my xmas present off my OH early which is a car and the block lessons so hopefully no It can be anywhere which broadens it out.