Advice on weight (ponies not mine!)

Spiritedly

Visit site
1.jpg
024.jpg
Hopefully some pictures will come up (if I've done this right !) of my 2ish year old New Forest. I got him in March and he was badly underweight, he then ballooned over the summer but has lost the weight quite quickly now the weathers changed. What I wanted to know is.... what are people opinions of his weight? I know the pics aren't the best but I'm not doing much with him at the moment, just checks and trims and he's not dry very often at the moment to brush the mud off anyway and he's kinda wooly :) I've included the third picture from the summer because the person I got him from was 90% certain he was pure New Forest even though he's not registered I wondered what you all thought?
031.jpg
[/IMG][/IMG]

xXMrsIrishXx

Visit site
He looks very cute :)

Im no expert but he looks a little on the over weight side, but differcult to tell through his lovely winter coat. The first picture he seems to have a very thick neck. I have a welsh section A 2 year old and she seems to be on the podgy side at the moment too, also have a 13 year old laminitic pony who has lost sheds loads of weight and u can just see his ribs lol. Do you feed him anything other than hay or haylage at the moment?

Spiritedly

Visit site
He's only on grass and hay and he lives out. His neck is pretty much the same as in the summer picture only a lot fluffier! Depending how he's standing you can either feel his ribs quite well or with a bit of pressure but you can feel his spine quite clearly. I don't know why I'm paranoid about his weight I'm not with the other :eek: