Advice please.....it's a mine field!

guisbrogal

community.webshots.com
I am looking for a new neddy and of course when you want one there is never one that can be recommended by someone you know
frown.gif

So been to look at a couple but they weren't right and now I am trawling the local paper and wondering what to do. Do I stick to private sales or are dealers a better bet? What about sales? Although I missed Yorks today
frown.gif
Looked to be a couple of possibilities too.

Any advice you can give me would be appreciated. I feel so out of my depth as my last two girlies found me.
smirk.gif

Flight

Visit site
Hi, What sort of horse are you looking for and to what you want to do with it? Someone on hear might know of one. I have one who may need a new home so if she anything like what you want I will pm you some details. I have bought horses from private homes and dealers in the past and have been very lucky only to have good experiences so far.

guisbrogal

community.webshots.com
Ideally:

IDX or similar
15.3 to 17hh
Mare or Gelding
MUST hack alone and in company and have good brakes
smile.gif

Good with traffic/tractors/heavy machinery (our yard is part of a heavy plant yard)
Not bothered if can't jump
A Plus if it likes dressage.
£1500 or there abouts (less is better
smile.gif
)

I lost my mare three weeks ago very suddenly and she was not insured for dying of natural causes so I have a very limited budget
frown.gif

Edited to say: Needs to be reasonably local too. Don't want much do I?
smirk.gif

Flight

Visit site
Sorry to hear about your mare thats awful. I'm sure you will find one. The only advice I can give is just not to narrow your search too much and if something comes along which isn't perhaps what you thought you wanted don't discount it if it is perfect in every other way for you. I rely a lot on instinct when buying not only about the horse but also person selling it. I have walked away a couple of times from very nice horses as didn't get a good feeling about the people selling them.