Advice please.....

Charliej

New User
Visit site
As im a new mum to a 9 month old, I could do with some advice, my little un (well not so little!!!) is so kind natured and is behaving impeccably but when it comes to feed time hes driving me nuts, it is as iv it is the last feed he will ever have, he looks panic striken, (mum and dad are also very greedy) the problem is he is getting really naughty and kicking out and also tips his food over and kicks his bucket all over the stable, its really fustrating, he cant possibly be hungry as he has as much halylage as he wants. He has teeth coming through top and bottom - could this be the problem???

magic104

www.jc-countryside.co.uk
Our boy is not too bad but he does paw at the bucket which does not bother me as it is rubber. So long as he can't hurt himself, just leave him to get on with it. If he is not competing for food & he feels secure while eating he should start to settle down. You could always put up a manger which would stop him being able to kick it about.

AmyMay

Situation normal
Visit site
The kicking the bucket around the stable wouldn't bother me. Plenty of horses prefer to tip the food out on the floor and eat it that way.

You must stop the potential aggression though. Have you tried having the feed in there ready for him??