Advice - Which Yard!

Murphs_Mum

Visit site
Right need advice, situation is I am giving up my current stabling and grazing - various reasons, too expensive to justify for one horse, and like a swamp in the winter being the main ones! I have been offered a place at a nice small yard - five owners about 8 horses, lovely large stone stable, on a farm, lots of storage, big feed, tack room etc. Paddocks are all electric tape and they are out with one other. Large floodlight Walled school. I have arranged to move my boy there at the start of October. (I should add I don't actually know anyone there but they seem ok!) Last night a friend who I have known since a child called me - A space has come up at her yard (5 mins from my new yard). No school, own small paddock but no shelter, Stable, not much storage, feed room but a nice tidy little yard. Only her and two others share the yard. Access on to a busyish road so security not as good as 1st yard. Main plus is having friend there to help with holidays etc but I know she would help out wherever I was really! The negative is she is a bit of a control freak and is very likely to start telling me exactly what I should be feeding and doing with my horse!

Just so confused!! What would you guys do!

And apologies for the rambling!

rrose

Visit site
i would go for the first one, so what you do not know anyone im sure they are all nice. and it sounds lovely.
grin.gif
good luck in what you decided
smile.gif

sillygillyhorse

Visit site
Think in your heart of hearts you know the answer and my guess would be you would prefer the first yard. I personally think the first yard sounds better, dont worry about not knowing anyone, you will soon make friends.

Murphs_Mum

Visit site
I think you right, I think I do prefer the first option but having had my own yard for a while with friends sharing I like the idea of having people I know who will help me out around plus I like the smallness of the yard! I'm sure your right I know I'll make friends with everyone and I suppose know enough local people to dump on in a crisis!!

allijudd

Visit site
i would go woth the first one....if your freind is confusing the issue then its not worth going there...maybe to could encourage her to go to the other yard and cover you holidays and such...and you will always meet new freinds....

pottamus

Visit site
Deffinately go for the first yard...much better facilities, better for your horsey and you will soon make friends with people. Good luck with the move.
smile.gif