advise needed re: my old pony leaving the yard

seaofdreams

Visit site
Got some really sad news yesturday that my old pony who i sold 4 1/2 years ago to some friends on the yard are leaving tomorrow, that tricky bit is we don't really speak anymore she is a funny lady and im quite shy so tend not to talk to her, i would like to give her a leaving card just to say hope everything goes ok and the pony settles well and if possible to keep in touch every now and again, i know i have sold her but she has been in my life everyday for the last 12 years and we have been through so much, i slept in her stable with her when she was on deaths door as a baby and she helped me get over all my bullying at school, im going to miss her so badly i would just love an email now and again just to say she is well
do you think this wrong?
i have said my goodbyes tonight so i don't have to tomorow
i just don't know what to say or do, if that is i should
please could you help me
Many thanks
Hx

PickledOnions

Visit site
i dont think it is wrong either !!
i would do the same
smile.gif

B_2_B

Visit site
that's not wrong at all! go for it and write her a card! you will feel much better knowing you have made the effort to keep in touch than wondering all the time if she will ever contact you! you've got nothing to lose by asking her to keep in touch!
smile.gif

debonhorse

Visit site
I would leave her a card, if you dont feel brave enough to approach her, perhaps you could leave it on her tackroom door, or wherever you know she will find it before she leaves. I am sure she would appreciate it, I know I would. Is she going far away from you??

helenandshadow

Visit site
I don't think that's wrong at all. I'm sure she would appreciate a card and re. staying in touch the worst she can do is say no but i'm sure she won't! What have you got to lose?? You might regret it if you don't.