Advise on large wind gall

Billie

community.webshots.com
Billy has had wind galls since I've had him (16 yrs) and from time to time they've got bigger/smaller/harder/softer etc etc. At the moment on one of his hind legs the wind gall seems to have got very large and very hard, it's been like it now a couple of weeks. I took no notice to begin with because, as I've said above, they change from time to time, however this one has been large and hard permanently now for a while. It doesn't bother him, he's not lame and I've prodded and poked it but I didn't know if there was anything I could do with it to reduce the size of it, it must be uncomfortable for him.

vicijp

www.vicijpricehorses.co.uk
Is it on the tendon, ie further back and bit higher up.
If so, we had one the same. Didnt bother him in the slightest, x rayed and scanned nothing sinister going on. We had it drained a couple of times, which is cheap, but works out expensive with antibiotic and anti inflammatory cover. Always came back to be the same so just ignored it in the end.

Billie

community.webshots.com
It's to the right and back of his fetlock joint, right on the joint. I might try bandaging it but as you say, it'll come back again probably any way. I don't normally worry about them but this one just appears so large.

MagicMelon

Visit site
Splintex. You get gold (for old splints) and silver for new ones. Ive been using the Gold for about 1 and a half months on my boys MASSIVE splint. And it HAS gone down quite a bit! Its not invisible but it definately has diminished quite a bit in size.

I bought my bottle from Ebay (USA), it turned out cheaper to get it from the US than from here.....!!