AES Studbook Ranking For 2010

Eothain

Visit site
The WBFSH released their final world ranking list for 2010 on September 17.

For AES fans in particular, there are some notable inaccuracies. Neither Billy Congo or Ireland's WEG competitor, Tinka's Serenade have been listed as AES horses.

Tinka's Serenade is ranked #28 in the world for 2010 with 925 points. Billy Congo got 520 points and ranked #126. #410 Dylano got 223 points. #893 Rimini 01 got 100 points. Cotton Candy T, ranked #2092 got 25 points and Luikka #2588 got 14 points. Bringing the correct AES total to 1807 points. This infact lifts the AES from #25 in the studbook rankings to #14 ahead of the Danish Warmblood.

As it stands, Tinka's Serenade and Billy Congo don't count and as it is the top 6 horses that count, they are replaced by joint #2934 Longmeads Minao and Vaya Con Dios who both achieved 5 points. The counting AES score is a mere 372 points in total which slots the studbook in to #25.

If there's anybody here reading this, who knows how to contact the AES office, if I were you, I'd certainly be getting on to the WBFSH to correct their mistake. There's no point in being ranked nine places below where you should be!!!

It also seems that for performance breeders in Britain, the AES seems to be the place to go for registration. Being ranked in it's rightful place at #14 would surely go a long way to improving the global standing of the AES. I mean, you rank above the highly respected Danish Warmblood. That's no mean feat!!!

Good luck to you in the future on cracking the top ten. Hopefully this is a wake up call to British breeders that clearly, if you follow a performance guideline, you can hang with the Continental studbooks.

lucydelaroche

Visit site
Thanks for raising this issue Eothain.
I wonder could there be some 'quirk' of passporting reason why theses two horses have not been recognised as AES? Anyway I have forwarded a link to this thread to Henk so hopefully he will be able to unravel it.

Kipandbud

Visit site
Bit off the subject but does anyone know which horse Billy Twomey has opted to ride in WEG? Tinkas Serenade was bred by a good friend of mine and togther we started her as a youngster! :)

lucydelaroche

Visit site
Yes - I wasn't doubting the fact that she is AES registered but somewhere along the lines, maybe in FEI passport this fact has been 'lost'.

Anyway, I gather Henk is on the case :)

wigum

Visit site
Well fair play Eothain, you have singlehandedly raised the British studbook 15 places and into the top 10.

Unfortunately but probably predictably the ISH has slipped from top spot in the eventing rankings.

On a side note, did anyone notice the Zangersheide score for showjumping,
They seem to be picking an Irish Superleague team

Lynch and nababs son
Lennon and hallmark elite
Breen and Carmena

4 of their six counting horses are ridden by Irish and Scots. Scot Brash being the fourth on intertoy z.

Eothain

Visit site
10 points away from holding on to the #1 spot in Eventing, that's incredible! Doesn't get much tighter than that.

I hope I helped out in some way.

Congrats to the AES on getting to #10. Thats even better than what I worked out

Opie

Visit site
On a side note, did anyone notice the Zangersheide score for showjumping,
They seem to be picking an Irish Superleague team

Lynch and nababs son
Lennon and hallmark elite
Breen and Carmena

4 of their six counting horses are ridden by Irish and Scots. Scot Brash being the fourth on intertoy z.

Hallmark Elite was bred by former SSH Chairman John Mansfield and registered with the Scottish Sports Horse not Zangersheide, somewhere along the line he has become a "Z" registered horse with the points being allocated to Z.

Can only hope that this will eventually be resolved as it would place the SSH in aproximately 20th position.

wigum

Visit site
I dont understand why Carmena Z was registered with Zangersheide. Carmena Z was born in Ireland.

Yup i agree with you, his mammy his mammy's mammy and so on have never set foot out of the country his daddy arrived by post with a Belgian return address. But isn't one of the conditions of using a zangersheide stallion that he must be registered zangersheide.

His addition to the ISH list wouldn't have affected the ranking, it would have squeezed the gap but not enough.

wigum

Visit site
Hallmark Elite was bred by former SSH Chairman John Mansfield and registered with the Scottish Sports Horse not Zangersheide, somewhere along the line he has become a "Z" registered horse with the points being allocated to Z.

Can only hope that this will eventually be resolved as it would place the SSH in aproximately 20th position.

There seems to be a bit of that going on, Cedric (#6 individually) is a holsteiner but somehow he is shown in the wbfsh list as a dutch warmblood. if he was taken into account on the holsteiner list the top two KWPN & holsteiner verband would be reversed.

Eothain

Visit site
Carthago Z isn't approved in Ireland. Under the new guidelines he could be approved easily for high performing progeny. 11 years ago or so when they were ordering him to arrive in the post, he'd have had to march through pitchforks and flaming torches at dawn to get approved. Much easier to just register him as a Z.

Thankfully, the laws for approving foreign stallions for use through AI is much much easier these days.

The problem with Carmena Z is that because he's a Z-lister, they won't accept his high performance as means of automatic approval because of the slightly lower vet requirement from the Zs. There's a list of specific studbooks that have a tough vetting requirement that high performing stallions/progeny can be approved from provided the stallion owners don't object.

Carmena's case is another case of shooting ourselves in the foot! Let's hope it's the last one!!! He has to be presented in the flesh to get an approval.

sywell

Visit site
Billy Congo is show as a AES horse on the WBFSH/FEI list but no breeding is shown. There are 36369 horses shown on the list sent out to studbooks asking them to fill in the breeding and they are listed by studbook/country ect and it is up to the studbooks to put in the breeding information if they cannot be bothered it is up to the membership to complain to their studbook. These lists are prepared by Daniëlle J.G. Arts, M.Sc.
Breeding research