After a bad(ish) fall ....

blodwyn1

Visit site
Right so being bed bound I am browsing the internet, has anyone used the acavallo opera allupro stirrups? Do they quick release?

Red-1

I used to be decisive, now I'm not so sure...
Visit site
Right so being bed bound I am browsing the internet, has anyone used the acavallo opera allupro stirrups? Do they quick release?

I have not, but I do use the Sprenger ones. I did have System 4 ones, but now have Bow Balance. I like that they flex to let your foot out, as the side exit ones could still catch up as sometimes you get wedged top to bottom of the stirrup.

My horse slipped on a moss covered road last year and I slid off the back. I watched my foot flex the stirrup to over 90 degrees and my foot came out so I even stayed on my other foot, so I did not even fall over.

pepsimaxrock

Visit site
I've ridden for over 50 years and learnt on the ponies that tried to maim other kids - I was completely fearless and frequently injured. I was, and still am, very much in the get back on if you are physically able school; in fact the only time I haven't got back on was when I was taken away in an ambulance with neither leg working. At 57 I remain fairly fearless and not particularly flustered by coming off. I think my fearlessness comes from approaching riding with the mindset that nothing bad is going to happen and mostly it doesn't.

Youve been lucky