Age inappropriate behaviour ???

HeresHoping

Visit site
Well, in the last two years I have swung through trees, flumed down waterfalls, climbed cliffs, spent nights on the bathroom floor... just last weekend, we were out until 3:30, drinking whisky and ending up with the mother of all hangovers.

But I think the only thing that seems to be truly age inappropriate - according to my children - is having s*x. Lots of it. Apparently you are not supposed to after 30, 35 at a push. Certainly not at 50. But hey ho.

ownedbyaconnie

Visit site
But I think the only thing that seems to be truly age inappropriate - according to my children - is having s*x. Lots of it. Apparently you are not supposed to after 30, 35 at a push. Certainly not at 50. But hey ho.

When at 12, my mum and dad told me they were pregnant again at 33 and 38 respectively I was AGHAST. At this point I obviously knew how babies were made and I was not impressed.

Spotherisk

Visit site
I've never considered age as having much relevance. OH is 9 years older than me and rides 2 horses daily.
I was 61 when I bought Ombu, (Picaflor's half brother) aged 7 months and I backed him at 4.

What counts is experience. You have a stronger sense of self preservation not to fall off and more experience of reading horses as you get older. So, whether you do it consciously or not, you make sure all the steps are covered and there are no short cuts.

Like wind & rain I keep horses for life and I know Criollos are a long lived breed so that is the only "age inappropriate" part that is the problem.

I remember an old girl near us. She was knocking on 90 if she was a day. She had no problem out riing. Different story for the teenager who was trying her best to keep up with her :D

I reckon you mean PJ still out hunting in her 90’s!

Keith_Beef

Novice equestrian, accomplished equichetrian
Visit site
But I think the only thing that seems to be truly age inappropriate - according to my children - is having s*x. Lots of it. Apparently you are not supposed to after 30, 35 at a push. Certainly not at 50.

Both of ours have moved out and we live in a detached house.

Noise is not a problem.

silv

Visit site
First full season hunting, managed 20 hunts and weekly hound exercise all at the grand age of 61, even managed a few jumps. Thankfully no hares were harmed all season.
All this on a project horse I bought a year ago with no brakes or steering and had never been cantered under saddle.

PurBee

Visit site
An inverse situation on this thread was when i was 18, and had no family financially supporting me, had my own place, very aware of responsibilities etc - i had my college tutors try in earnest to persuade me to get to london to do a degree at a prestigious establishment, apply for debt to cover costs etc….and im sat there telling them “no, i cannot afford to get that degree, i’ll be in so much debt, i need to look for a job really” - they’re telling me “you’re young, you should have fun at uni, don’t worry” ……my attitude was very age-inappropriate at the time!

ETA- at 21 i beg my doctor for a hysterectomy due to painful pelvic issues/periods - he says im too young to know i dont want kids - now at 45ish, after 30 years of 360 painful periods, still without kids, never changed my mind, they’d whip the lot out no problem! ?