Agility. A dangerous sport

RubysGold

Visit site
Ouch :-(
My dog was on a mission to knock me out last night haha.

He was supposed to jump the first jump towards me, run around the wing of jump 2. To where I was standing and then turn to jump 2. He jumped it but knocked the wing over directly into my path. It was too wide to jump over and I couldn't go anywhere so just face planted the floor! Ouch!

I have a cut on my knee and I think a lot of the shock travelled through my arms as my back is very sore (I landed on my forearms with my nose an inch from the ground. With a massive bang so plenty of shock :-( )

He then proceeded to try several more times throughout the night, jumping into me or running across the front of me. :-o

No point to this post. Just thought I'd share, if only I had it on camera!

PucciNPoni

Visit site
The description is pretty good -- but yes videos next time please LOL

Hope you're not suffering too much for it tomorrow (it's always 2 days after that it catches up). We're just back to agility this week too - and worked on going round the jump and having them jump toward us. I was surprised how easy they picked that new thing up, but it is awkward. I'm guessing your dog is fast and that's part of the problem - getting out of his way quick enough?

CorvusCorax

Justified & Ancient
Visit site
Oh where to start with injuries....my legs are constantly black and blue as my dog has no respect for my personal space and crashes into my legs with alarming regularity.
He knocks me backwards all the time on recalls.
He drops the 2kg dumbbell on my shin or foot.
I had to stop delivering a ball from under my arm as too many jackets were being destroyed.
We clashed heads a few months ago (it's too stupid and complicated to explain, you couldn't do it if you tried) but due to impeccable timing, his jaws were open, so I had a huge bruise right down the left side of my face and was seeing stars for days.

On the plus side, he's great fun!!!!!!

PucciNPoni

Visit site
Oh, I never new that getting run in to by a cream puff of a poodle of all of 8kg could hurt so much. My boy managed to wind me while I was sat on the ground and he ran in to me. My border terrier has run in to my shins at full pelt with his head. He kept going barely breaking stride and I was a heap on the floor....

Cahill

Visit site
oh dear ! were you doing a` lead out pivot`?
when ever my agility goes wrong it is always my fault .

one of mine pulled me over in obedience once on the hard church hall floor.

RubysGold

Visit site
Pucci, he is fast but it was just a case of standing in the right place. I stood too far out and waited a second too long to turn so he knocked it over

Cahill, no not that, it was just asking him to go around the back of the second jump to basically back jump it. It was my fault, I was in the wrong place
Corvus, ouch!! My boy is clumsy and doesn't seem to be capable of staying out of my space

blackcob

🖖
Visit site
I often video our training sessions but somehow managed to miss the crash we had just before Christmas. My less experienced dog was halfway across the dog walk when he slipped, panicked, spotted me running alongside and decided to fling himself sideways off it and land on me. Somehow I managed to catch him but 25kg of unexpected flailing Siberian husky left me with a bad back for weeks. :p

PucciNPoni

Visit site
I often video our training sessions but somehow managed to miss the crash we had just before Christmas. My less experienced dog was halfway across the dog walk when he slipped, panicked, spotted me running alongside and decided to fling himself sideways off it and land on me. Somehow I managed to catch him but 25kg of unexpected flailing Siberian husky left me with a bad back for weeks. :p

oooft! that must have been very painful. But painful as that was, I'm betting you're glad you caught him?