Agility?

poiuytrewq

Visit site
Maybe slightly mad but I saw once agility courses local to me. I have a chubby clever little Shetland who is a companion but deserves so much more.
How do I get involved? I’ve tried googling and am not getting far. I’m between Cheltenham and Oxford and don’t want to travel too far.
Any help?

MiJodsR2BlinkinTite

Slopping along on a loose rein somewhere in Devon
Visit site
Hoping you can find some Horse Agility in your area!

I did it with my boy; Vanessa Bee was "judging" but TBH it didn't feel like being judged at all. She was lovely, incredibly encouraging and helpful, and you got the feeling she was genuinely interested in everyone's horsey partnerships.

If you can ever get to see Vanessa in action or one of her workshops, I'd highly recommend; the way she uses her posture, breathing etc is absolutely fantastic.

Good luck! Hope you can find some Agility near you soon! Enjoy.

poiuytrewq

Visit site
Thanks!
I think he’d like something to think about, at the moment he just thinks about escaping 😂
Could be fun, I’ll have a look now

oldie48

Visit site
Oooh, I wonder if it would be good for little Fatty. He doesn't get ridden much and he's a bright little button (too bright). We are close enough to the race course to give it a go.

jumbyjack

Visit site
Little Banner does online agility, join the horse agility club. All the info is on there, it's great fun and motivates minis to do other than escape!

poiuytrewq

Visit site
Oooh, I wonder if it would be good for little Fatty. He doesn't get ridden much and he's a bright little button (too bright). We are close enough to the race course to give it a go.
Close to Cheltenham race course?
I’ve emailed to find out more, it says from beginners to advanced but I wasn’t sure if that meant complete first timers. I’ll let you know what they say.

Lovethebeach

Visit site
Your Shettie will love it :) my Mini Shet got to 13th place for the year in the real time league with the Agility Club a few years ago, she was so funny lifting her foreleg high and stamping down on the seesaw when going on from the 'high' end