Agrobs Mash: can anyone recommend a substitute?

MiJodsR2BlinkinTite

Slopping along on a loose rein somewhere in Devon
Visit site
Discovered this stuff!

But 'tis one helluva job to source it.

Nowhere around here (East Devon) stocks it, and you have to re-mortgage essentially if you want it delivered - and delivery for an arm-and-a-leg seems to be the ONLY way you can get the stuff.

But the bloomin' coblet likes it, and it seems to suit her well.

Ideas anyone?

Tiddlypom

Carries on creakily
Visit site
How much do you expect to pay?

Equisupermarket have it for £37.99 for 15kg, which includes delivery. Sounds like a lot, but maybe par for that product?

criso

Coming over here & taking your jobs since 1900
Visit site
How much do you expect to pay?

Equisupermarket have it for £37.99 for 15kg, which includes delivery. Sounds like a lot, but maybe par for that product?

Equisupermarket is the online arm of Titmuss. For comparative purposes if you walk in and buy it's £33.75 though not local to the OP.

tda

Visit site
I had a look at the ingredients and they are vague to say the least. Main ingredient is Prenatura fibres 🤔 made up of grass herbs and legumes.
So they are grass /fibres nuggets I guess

criso

Coming over here & taking your jobs since 1900
Visit site
I feed the musli. It's grass chaff with extra bits, apple, beetroot, parsnip, carrots, oils and some other bits. The mash is the soakable version. The other bits make the difference between an empty bowl and pushing food around the plate. It's expensive so I stretch it out with Grasstastic but I can't remove it.

The pre natura fibres are alpine grasses in theory more diverse than a grass chaff which would be rye or fescue according to the bags. They say over 60 species. https://www.agrobs.de/en/.

Some of the labelling can sound odd as it's been translated from the German. I'm not sure an English company would use the phrase apple pomace.

Spirit7

Visit site
I buy from efeeds.co.uk I am in Surrey but buy agrobs and other feeds as they most brands It’s cheaper over 100k might be worth a quote

Tiddlypom

Carries on creakily
Visit site
i couldn't source it either, so i've switched to
Me too, though I’ve switched from soaked Dengie Grass pellets.

The neds get half a mugful of dry Baileys meadow cobs which has been pre soaked in about 3 x the same volume of water for 12 hours x 2 daily to mix their supplements in. It fluffs up a lot and makes a nice crumbly mash, all bowls are licked clean. Senior mare can be fussy, but she approves.

They are around £20 per 20kg bag.

Tiddlypom

Carries on creakily
Visit site
Can you feed the Bailey's meadow cobs dry?, looking to use in a treat ball.
I wouldn’t risk it. The individual cobs are quite large, and they swell up a lot when soaked.

From the blurb:-
  • A small number of Natural Meadow Cobs can be fed dry, if given as treat, by hand, for example, otherwise we strongly recommend they are soaked before feeding.
I haven’t got or indeed ever seen a treat ball though.