Agrobs stockists

ester

Not slacking multitasking
Visit site
We currently by ours direct as no local stockists though it isn't always the slickiest (mostly because Mum has to try and remember to say the right thing on the phone- when we first ordered the weisencobs she said I think she knew what I meant- it did work). I'd be interested to know where other people use though.

Tiddlypom

Carries on creakily
Visit site
Ah, thanks both. By ordering direct, do you mean from Red Rufus products? They seem to be cheaper than Titmuss and only charge £2 per bag for delivery, so that looks good. I usually get 4 bags at a time.

My nearest Agrobs stockist seems to be a 3 hour round trip away, so mail order it is :).

WelshD

Visit site
I work in a feed shop and the entire Agrobs range is on our list of available products we just don't routinely stock it due to more popular feeds taking shop space and but we do order in what people want.
Check with your local stores, they may not have it out on display but perhaps their wholesaler can supply it.

meleeka

Visit site
I work in a feed shop and the entire Agrobs range is on our list of available products we just don't routinely stock it due to more popular feeds taking shop space and but we do order in what people want.
Check with your local stores, they may not have it out on display but perhaps their wholesaler can supply it.

The problems I had was with whoever distributes it. There were a few occasions where my local supplier couldn’t get a delivery for a few weeks. I wasn’t happy with changing feeds that often.

Tiddlypom

Carries on creakily
Visit site
WelshD, I'd rather support my local stores if possible (use them or lose them) but after all the fuss and disbelief I had in getting Honeychop plain chopped oat straw chaff, which took about a year, I find that getting more unusual stuff sent mail order is a lot easier.

It's hunting and racing country here, I know I'm down as the weird woman WRT what I want to feed my horses. I fitted in better locally until I came on HHO and saw the light :D. D&H Pasture mix, anyone :eek3: ?

ester

Visit site
TBH I have mitigated any supply issues (which I don't think they have had since I moved Frank which was nearly 2 years ago now) by ordering when I still have plenty of stock, I've never switched from it since we started when it was first available. Even when on livery had sufficient space to store a few bags.

Tiddlypom

Carries on creakily
Visit site
It would be eye wateringly expensive to feed Agrobs as a mainstay feed, but as a token feed for metabolically challenged picky feeders it is great. I am moving over to the musli from the aspero chaff as I find that it absorbs their powdered supplements very well, so I can get away with feeding less of it, just a couple of single handfuls per horse. The dustbin PSSM/PPID mare is still finishing off my last bag of honeychop plain oat straw chaff, but it is tricky to mix all her additives in it without wastage in the mixing bucket.

ester

Visit site
I've found the weisencobs better than the aspero for mixing (when not additional beet which was usual for us). Definitely fits 'metabolically challenged picky eater' (with tooth issues :p )

Follysmum

Visit site
I really liked their feeds but also struggled to get hold of it! I have resorted to basic grass nuts and grass chaff which is far easier to get hold of.