AHAR to close

ester

Not slacking multitasking
Visit site
There's been a lot of questions shut down on that video and there have been animal welfare notices?

Six written Animal Health and Welfare notices were issued by the Department of Agriculture to AHAR from January 2016 to Sept 1st, 2018, two of which were amendments to previous notices. No such notice was issued to any other animal welfare charity in Ireland in that 32-month period, according to the department.

Mule

Visit site

Mule

Visit site
But they didnt did they because nothing came of it other than a massive tax bill which they have dealt with by giving it a different name. To have her still running it just makes a mockery of the entire thing.
The taxman is shutting it down. It doesn't matter what she puts on Facebook.
If she chooses to set up another welfare organisation no-one will deal with her, now that she's known to be financially dodgy.

Mule

Visit site
Its basically said in the video above.
I see what you mean, but she didn't say it explicitly. Unless she said I am now working for the SPCA I wouldn't draw the conclusion that she is. Of course I don't know, that's just the impression I got from the video.

paddi22

Visit site
I was wondering how she'd spin it. That video is hilarious. It's everyone elses fault for not giving her enough guidance governance wise??
She takes no responsibility for the fact she never even TRIED to keep basic receipts.

95,000 spent on buying animals at fairs?? WTF??!!

Mule

Visit site
I was wondering how she'd spin it. That video is hilarious. It's everyone elses fault for not giving her enough guidance governance wise??
She takes no responsibility for the fact she never even TRIED to keep basic receipts.

95,000 spent on buying animals at fairs?? WTF??!!
They must have been endangered to get those prices 🐘🐅

Mule

Visit site
It definitely says somewhere either in the article or the statement that all staff are staying on and there was no evidence of any wrong doing or animal welfare issues, so yes, she is staying on. its just a farce.
I didn't read or hear that in either piece. The article said there were 8 judgements by the department of agriculture against ahar in regards to welfare. The current wrong doing is of a financial nature. She owes the taxman a fortune. The animals in the care of ahar have been transferred to the SPCA in another county. Even if she wants to work for that group they wouldn't have her, as no-one will donate to an organisation that employs someone caught out on financial irregularities.

ElectricChampagne

Visit site
Its not closed down, its just running under a different name.
Makes me sick to live in my own country sometimes. Nothing to see here move along. No issue ah sure be grand be gorrah.

The same antics will still continue. I wonder why Athlone SPCA were given it, and why would they allow their name to be associated with it. It will be the end of them. that said they are miles and miles away and little known here.

Even if she wants to work for that group they wouldn't have her, as no-one will donate to an organisation that employs someone caught out on financial irregularities.

they will and here, financial irregularities mean nothing when it comes to charities. they are all at it.

Business as usual, move on and ignore. Sweep under the carpet. She will keep doing it under another name.

Mule

Visit site
Its not closed down, its just running under a different name.
Makes me sick to live in my own country sometimes. Nothing to see here move along. No issue ah sure be grand be gorrah.

The same antics will still continue. I wonder why Athlone SPCA were given it, and why would they allow their name to be associated with it. It will be the end of them. that said they are miles and miles away and little known here.

they will and here, financial irregularities mean nothing when it comes to charities. they are all at it.

Business as usual, move on and ignore. Sweep under the carpet. She will keep doing it under another name.
The SPCA is an established charity, it's not ahar by a different name. As someone who works for a non profit, I can assure you that not all charities are at it. Financial irregularity is the most damaging accusation that can be made against a charity.

stormox

Visit site
The SPCA is an established charity, it's not ahar by a different name. As someone who works for a non profit, I can assure you that not all charities are at it. Financial irregularity is the most damaging accusation that can be made against a charity.
It isnt the ISPCA. It is Athlone SPCA a small individually run charity thats not even in Munster, let alone Co Kerry.

Dobiegirl

Visit site
All they have done is changed the name, now the chairman has gone she can go back to buying at fairs, well buying as prearranged from puppy farmers and BYB. Revenue havent finished auditing all the books yet so more tax money will be outstanding, AHAR & Hall are blaming the trustees(who the manager hand picked) for their financial mess, the trustees changed on a monthly basis sometimes weekly once people realised she was hanging on to the debit card and not supplying receipts they left, some even contacted the CRA. How this farce is allowed to continue god only knows but Im sure Revenue are not finished with her yet and as an aside they have 280 animals in there with 3 members of staff and nobody knows how many volunteers. They have 50 odd kids in there requiring bottle feeding so work it out how many dogs will get walked etc and animals cleaned out.

Leo Walker

Visit site
I didn't read or hear that in either piece. The article said there were 8 judgements by the department of agriculture against ahar in regards to welfare. The current wrong doing is of a financial nature. She owes the taxman a fortune. The animals in the care of ahar have been transferred to the SPCA in another county. Even if she wants to work for that group they wouldn't have her, as no-one will donate to an organisation that employs someone caught out on financial irregularities.

Sadly you are wrong in this instance. Shes got away scot free.

From David Hall himself:

I am delighted we have been able to work with the trustees at Athlone Westmidlands SPCA to protect the charitable purpose , the animals and the Staff. All the staff will transfer under their existing terms and conditions . I found no wrongdoing by any staff member