Pictures Ahhh! He’s finally on his way and I am terrified/ rather excited!!

ImmyS

Visit site
I have done something I thought I would never do and have bought unseen from Ireland. After countless hours spent scrolling through horse ads and trying to enquire about FB posts I wanted to give up, the horse market had just gone totally mad and it was hard to even get a look in plus I struggled to find anything I REALLY liked over here.

So I finally took the plunge and purchased a 3 year old from Ireland a couple of weeks ago and he is finally on his way - he will be arriving with me Saturday morning after a stabled rest in the U.K. Not ideal not getting him over quicker, but issues with transport cancelling last minute meant he ended up staying longer than planned, but hey ho! I did loads of research and spoke to multiple who people who had sourced horses from the same people and many photos and videos later I bought him.

So everybody meet Fin (named after his Sire) but is unnamed in his passport so open to suggestions! He is a 3 year old, 16hh RID gelding. Has been very lightly backed and hacked. Plan is for him to have some down time with lots of ground work when he arrives, get him gently hacking over the summer and maybe a couple of in hand shows before being turned away again in autumn.

I am so excited!!
Here he is -

6697F125-90BE-402A-9F9E-E758763CB943.jpeg7E42C106-2013-4E5F-BD5D-217E8D46DB91.jpeg

Last edited:

ImmyS

Visit site
Oh I am so excited for you - and also sat here crying. He is the same colour, and has the same markings (that I can see) as Paddy (the ID x that Dad and I had back in the day). If Fin shares the same temperament, you will have many happy years together.

May you have many wonderful adventures together.
Your Paddy sounds wonderful!! I hope Fin turns out as lovely!

ImmyS

Visit site
He looks like a smasher, such a kind face. Wishing you both many years of happiness.

Is he in addition to Arlo or have I missed something?
I sadly had to make the house or horse decision last year and when I spoke to my yard owner about it, she offered to buy Arlo and it was the right decision. He has a wonderful home for life and I was able to purchase my first home! So all worked out for the best ☺️

Annagain

Visit site
I sadly had to make the house or horse decision last year and when I spoke to my yard owner about it, she offered to buy Arlo and it was the right decision. He has a wonderful home for life and I was able to purchase my first home! So all worked out for the best ☺️
Ah, so good that it's worked out for all involved. I'm a big fan of Arlo and I'm sure Fin will be every bit as lovely.

Tarragon

Visit site
He looks like a wise beastie already! He has a kind eye too. I am looking forward to the seeing the photos of him arriving!