Ai services and reproduction vets in scotland

monsterwillow

Visit site
hi guys :) can anyone recommend me Ai services/vets in north east scotland please?

never used ai before always covered naturally but in this case im taking the plunge after finding this wonderful satllion :)

i know there is scotland ai services but wondered if there is any others quite close to montrose?

still need to find out how it all works too :/ is it a lenghty process. how long will my mare and foal be away from home?

thanks in advance x

pointersrus

Visit site
Hope she is doing well and that you will soon have a goregous baby. Ben at Scotland AI is definately the best, however you could look for an AI tech to come and inseminate at your yard but you will need to be pretty bang on with your ovulation date which will probably require a scan from the vet anyway. I dont know if Ardene come out that far so would suspect you would need to take her to them and leave her there to AI then she could come home until she needs to be scanned again for pregnancy at c 18days so that may be an option. Cant think of any studs near you that would AI and scan etc, what I do when possible is take mare to stud to be AId then she comes home and goes back for scan when you can share a call out with all the other mares that are being scanned and this helps keep the cost down. Are you using chilled or frozen semen?

monsterwillow

Visit site
Hope she is doing well and that you will soon have a goregous baby. Ben at Scotland AI is definately the best, however you could look for an AI tech to come and inseminate at your yard but you will need to be pretty bang on with your ovulation date which will probably require a scan from the vet anyway. I dont know if Ardene come out that far so would suspect you would need to take her to them and leave her there to AI then she could come home until she needs to be scanned again for pregnancy at c 18days so that may be an option. Cant think of any studs near you that would AI and scan etc, what I do when possible is take mare to stud to be AId then she comes home and goes back for scan when you can share a call out with all the other mares that are being scanned and this helps keep the cost down. Are you using chilled or frozen semen?

hi. she is doing very well :) not far away from foaling now! just spoke to ardene house and she would go there. package is reasonably priced and its not too far away. using chilled semen i think.

cant wait for the baby to arrive :) still have the cava to celebrate :) x