Aintree Day 1

Kadastorm

Visit site
Cracking finish to the first race, with a dead heat!

I had a spare £1 after putting my bets on for the festival so I had 50p each way on Inca ? the way he went charging off from the start, I just knew that 50/1 bet wasn’t coming in!

Kadastorm

Visit site
I argued over clans de obeux and protektorat, went with the latter in my each way accumulator ??‍♀️

Crazy_cat_lady

Visit site
I had Clan in my ITV 7 but lost all my other races!

Does anyone know if the past GN winners will be parading this year? I like seeing the footage of them

Kadastorm

Visit site
Oh I just checked my bet, didn’t realise protektorat was placed and epitante won so my accumulator is still going, only possible return of £12 but that would be my weeks betting back.

Epitante is class.

Crazy_cat_lady

Visit site
Several of those jockeys talked off in the fox hunters should have pulled up far earlier. Luckily they didn't fall but why keep going when completely and utterly detached??

Crazy_cat_lady

Visit site
One of the horses had a human sounding name and it was hopelessly tailed off for ages but jockey continued to whip it along

Dare I say those fences are too easy now...

Kadastorm

Visit site
Odds on Thyme White letting me down on my accumulator? ?

yeah we have seen it in recent years where horses just barrel along at them because they are too small and they don’t back off. There was one year where it was hard ground and really hot. I can’t remember which year but the falls were awful. Glad to hear all horses are back safe. The first jockey to fall looked winded, horse was clever not to fall himself and found a leg from somewhere.

Crazy_cat_lady

Visit site
Surely keep the height, to make them back off, I think they replaced the core so use that, but bigger more imposing fences, it just feels like another chase nowadays

Visit site
Previous GN winners will be parading on the track on Saturday. I don't know which others will be there but Silver Birch, Tiger Roll and One For Arthur are parading. Not sure Arthur will be happy being lead down the track and not jumping the fences ??

I didn't see any of the racing today. We have 2 nice horses running tomorrow though.

Kadastorm

Visit site
Aww, love One for Arthur ❤️

hope your two run well tomorrow, Elf!

Bryony fell so my accumulator didn’t come in but at least both her and Thyme White came home safe, if a little sore.

Crazy_cat_lady

Visit site
Previous GN winners will be parading on the track on Saturday. I don't know which others will be there but Silver Birch, Tiger Roll and One For Arthur are parading. Not sure Arthur will be happy being lead down the track and not jumping the fences ??

I didn't see any of the racing today. We have 2 nice horses running tomorrow though.

Oh glad they will be parading I hope ITV take the time to show them. I hoped they would be as there was an article on Tiger recently and MOL said about him doing some parades then going to his.

I'm sure you'll be too busy, but I know LR racing uploaded some photos of the parade of retired racehorses before the Scottish GN so it would be great if anyone has the time for photos of these guys - surprisingly ROR don't seem to feature them on their page if I can recall - I know they're usually mostly fully retired but it would be nice if they can feature them - I know Pineau does xc so some are retrained so surely they can feature them

It would be nice if some of the ones that have been retrained could be ridden in the parade to show how they aren't just "washed up" when they are retired- a lot of people on the purely racing pages seem to think retirement means standing in a field it doesn't now.

I'm sure itv one year did little clips of previous winners and what they are getting up to now in the build up to a recent GN meeting after each ad break - hopefully they do the same again I'd far rather see them than them banging on about the obscene betting amounts

Ruby's commentary after one of the races of what the other pundits were doing, while they were in the rain and he was in his nice warm office was hilarious ?

Visit site
I won't be at Aintree and Jaimie and Lucinda will be too busy to do pics etc. I did the LRR Facebook live from the preparade ring at Ayr where you could see them up close and then put up the pics of them in the paddock. I expect plenty of people will have pics and videos though.

humblepie

Visit site
Going to watch on catch up tonight but nice that Clan won though really like Kemboy who was third.

Quite often snippets of the parade on RoR Twitter feed.

Gamebird

Visit site
Going to watch on catch up tonight but nice that Clan won though really like Kemboy who was third.

Quite often snippets of the parade on RoR Twitter feed.
Kemboy is lovely, and he is very pleased with himself. As was our bumper winner who has gone from utterly shell-shocked to laid back (actually laid down!) relaxed.

Clodagh

Visit site
Brazil’s noseband. I really wanted to hoick it up a hole or two.
I really enjoyed yesterdays racing, it had everything. When Milton Harris got the race I may have done a little dance.

Crazy_cat_lady

Visit site
Brazil’s noseband. I really wanted to hoick it up a hole or two.
I really enjoyed yesterdays racing, it had everything. When Milton Harris got the race I may have done a little dance.

Ooh I'm glad it wasn't just me who was getting annoyed by how low it was!

humblepie

Visit site
Kemboy is lovely, and he is very pleased with himself. As was our bumper winner who has gone from utterly shell-shocked to laid back (actually laid down!) relaxed.
Ah bless. I know lots of bay TBs look similar but when I saw Kemboy in the parade ring at Cheltenham I thought my horse had sneaked in ?

Crazy_cat_lady

Visit site
There needs to be more rain! We haven't had a soft or heavy GN for a long time, they're going to go so quickly over those fences, which now they're smaller are more like glorified chase fences, heavy would at least slow them down

Visit site
There needs to be more rain! We haven't had a soft or heavy GN for a long time, they're going to go so quickly over those fences, which now they're smaller are more like glorified chase fences, heavy would at least slow them down

It wouldn't slow them down going over the first couple but it would completely bottom some horses out and ruin them for life. I really don't like long distance chases on heavy ground.

Though I do agree they need some rain to make it proper soft side of good ground. Take the sting out of it.