Aintree day 2

Crazy_cat_lady

Visit site
Wonder how many will catch covid off the back of it ?

Jonbon is gorgeous he'd make someone a cracking show horse

I'm doing that itv 7 sweepstake, I have Discorama

Crazy_cat_lady

Visit site
Ooh I'm considering Dingo Dollar each way as Sandy Thompson is doing well. I don't bet but usually have a pound each way on a couple in the GN

Urgh I HATE the betting coverage! Have no interest in it and the man is annoying as are the yobs he speaks to, who almost every other meeting they have to apologise about them swearing. Show me the horses

humblepie

Visit site
Good winner well done. Wonder what piece of tack the jockey on Fury Road removed out the far side. Neck strap broke perhaps.

Crazy_cat_lady

Visit site
Is AS quite spooky? Once he warmed to his task he jumped really well but at the start he looks like he's spooking at the fences a bit, he did at Cheltenham as well! Love how your staff always undo the noseband straight away.

Visit site
Is AS quite spooky? Once he warmed to his task he jumped really well but at the start he looks like he's spooking at the fences a bit, he did at Cheltenham as well! Love how your staff always undo the noseband straight away.

No he is as bold as brass and almost too brave but for some reason he always looks at the first couple of fences. He is the same at home. But once he got into a rhythm he jumped so incredibly well and put them to the sword!

We always undo the noseband straight away. It's not fair for the horse to keep it shut (a bug bear of mine for Hendersons horses ... they still have then tight on even walking round the stable yard after...) I do admit if I have a winner I undo the top part and leave the bottom part done up but loosen it so I can pull it neat for pictures ? but it is loose!

Crazy_cat_lady

Visit site
No he is as bold as brass and almost too brave but for some reason he always looks at the first couple of fences. He is the same at home. But once he got into a rhythm he jumped so incredibly well and put them to the sword!

We always undo the noseband straight away. It's not fair for the horse to keep it shut (a bug bear of mine for Hendersons horses ... they still have then tight on even walking round the stable yard after...) I do admit if I have a winner I undo the top part and leave the bottom part done up but loosen it so I can pull it neat for pictures ? but it is loose!

How interesting I wonder why he does that, as it makes him look spooky (like my old Welsh D that could jump but would eye the fence, deciding whether or not he was going to spooky and stop)

I agree about how the noseband should be undone, there's a couple of other yards where it's always rapidly underdone, Henderson stands out as one who's staff don't undo it, that's bad it's not even undone in the stable yard.

humblepie

Visit site
Would be nice to see all the horses in the parade ring - they show just a handful if that. Oh we are getting a parade for this one so may get to see them.

OrangeAndLemon

Afraid of exorcism
Visit site
No news on Bold Endeavour after the last televised race but I saw a shoe flying off the back of the pack after the first, and then Bold Endeavour slipped on landing after the third, nearly unseating the rider. He was pulled up before the fourth so I'm hoping it was just the lost shoe which led to him being pulled up.

Maddie Moo

Visit site
No news on Bold Endeavour after the last televised race but I saw a shoe flying off the back of the pack after the first, and then Bold Endeavour slipped on landing after the third, nearly unseating the rider. He was pulled up before the fourth so I'm hoping it was just the lost shoe which led to him being pulled up.

Here you go :) From the BHA stewards report.

Race 6 - 4:40pm
THE CAVANI MENSWEAR SEFTON NOVICES' HURDLE RACE (CLASS 1) (Grade 1) (GBB RACE)

Following the race, the Veterinary Officer reported that BOLD ENDEAVOUR, which was pulled up, was found to be lame on its right-fore.

Clodagh

Visit site

He was amazing. DF is a brilliant and much under rated jockey, imo, he has a different ride for every horse and rides each one as they need to be done.
I was actually whingeing at Hanks noseband, please tuck it in so it doesn’t whack the horse around the face. My pet hate!

Visit site
He was amazing. DF is a brilliant and much under rated jockey, imo, he has a different ride for every horse and rides each one as they need to be done.
I was actually whingeing at Hanks noseband, please tuck it in so it doesn’t whack the horse around the face. My pet hate!

Mine too hence why I undo the top bit and not the bottom ? or I take the whole thing off completely! I hate it flying about the place!

Foxy can ride any race. He had been known as the master of hold up rides after winning the National on Arthur but he can win from the front too, and the middle, and by weaving through 90% of the field as he did at Cheltenham ?