Aintree -Peter Toole

Cloud9

Visit site
Despite whatever views you have on horse racing today - spare a thought for jockey Peter Toole who suffered head injuries in what was described as a horror fall in an earlier race at Aintree today.

teagreen

Visit site
Get well soon Peter - you really are in my prayers, and I know you are in the prayers of everyone involved in racing around the land.

It was a terrible fall, I don't think there is anything worse than seeing someone come off and knowing immediately that they are unconcious, and you could tell. Fingers crossed.

teagreen

Visit site
Thoughts are with Peter and his Family.

Is there any update on his condition today?

According to Racing Post, he is in a serious but stable condition in an induced coma. He has bleeding on the right side of his brain but they might try bringing him out of the coma tomorrow.

From BHA:
Trainer Charlie Mann, to whom Toole is attached, said: "He's in an induced coma and he won't be brought out until Monday at the earliest. He has bleeding on the right-hand side of his brain. He also dislocated a shoulder, which has been put back in place. He's on a ventilator, and it's not great - but we won't know any more until Monday."

Last edited:

nickslynn

Visit site
There has been a facebook group set up to show your support and good wishes for Peter and his family, just search Get Well Soon Peter Toole on facebook and you should find it! Hope lots of HHO members will join! Must be a terrible time for his family and close friends.

millhouse

Visit site
Peter remains in the induced coma today until after a scan they are carrying out this evening. Prayers for you Peter.

millhouse

Visit site
He moved his legs when brought out of the induced coma, but they are putting him back into it.

Prayers for you Peter - keep fighting.

k9h

Visit site
Best vibes for PT. A friend is a close family friend so have heard close news on him, wishing him all the best in is recovery.

skint1

Visit site
Am glad to hear there's some improvement and I will continue to keep this young man and his family in my thoughts and prayers

Haniki

Visit site
He comes from my part of the world and has ridden for some friends of ours, so I have been following his progress. I just hope both jockeys make a full recovery.