Air jackets

Follysmum

Visit site
I think I am going to invest in an air jacket as I find the body protectors a bit too restricting. Had anyone got the gilet type ? I sometimes ride in a western saddle so I don’t think the normal types would be suitable

dixie

Visit site
No. I rang Treehouse up and they advised me.
I got a large size to go over my BP instead Of Medium but it still fits fine on its own. I also zip it into a b

dixie

Visit site
Before my phone packed up I was going to say I also can zip the air bit into a show blouson jacket, so it’s very versatile albeit pricey.

Meredith

riding reluctantly into the sunset
the sat-nav is wrong, go farther up the hill
Visit site
Sort of by accident I have an air jacket and a gilet.

The gilet was bought for smartness and is great as the outer is washable and it is less obvious to wear. It is very comfortable. However in summer I nearly fainted after a lesson on a hot day when wearing it.
I bought a second hand aj and use that in summer.

I bought the gilet at Treehouse at Blenheim. It is XL! At the same time they fitted me with the ordinary aj. It was M! Both fit with or without a body protector underneath.

The downside is I have to have 2 types of canister.

Britestar

Visit site
I too have a gilet in large, but a small in the regular air jacket. Both are helite.

I wear the gilet all the time. Its warm in winter. I recently picked up the other one, as I find gilet can be too warm in the summer.

I never ride my big horse without it on.

Enid

New User
Visit site
I have a Point Two (not Gilet) and ride in a western saddle. No problems at all, just anchor it onto the saddle swell. Worked as it should when I was (un)gracefully ejected :rolleyes:

Follysmum

Visit site
I have a Point Two (not Gilet) and ride in a western saddle. No problems at all, just anchor it onto the saddle swell. Worked as it should when I was (un)gracefully ejected :rolleyes:

The only worry I have with the normal air jackets is getting hooked up, my recent fall was when horse stumbled and crashed to floor I went straight over his head and flipped and slammed on my back

hopscotch bandit

Visit site
I think I am going to invest in an air jacket as I find the body protectors a bit too restricting. Had anyone got the gilet type ? I sometimes ride in a western saddle so I don’t think the normal types would be suitable
I have the standard Hit Air and have fallen off with it once and set it off once deliberately.
I can thoroughly recommend, it's better than the point 2 as it covers more of the body and I believe it does this faster. Its very light weight and you forget you are using it.

The after care team is amazing, Rachel at Hit Air was a total superstar with my Air Jacket when I sent it to be serviced and for the first time in Hit Air Ltd's history the parcel went AWOL. Thank God I'd had special delivery or whatever it was called, I was insured for the value and Rachel sent me a spare until mine was found.

BEST TIP - before you buy your chosen air jacket have something connected to your clothes that you can tie to your saddle - bit of bailing twine, string, whatever, I tied a bit of string to a loop on my jods (in case I forgot to disconnect). Then for a few days/weeks before you buy your air jacket practice 'connecting' it as soon as you mount, and undoing it as soon as you finish riding.

That way your brain is 'taught' and you don't waste expensive cannisters forgetting to disconnect the lanyard when you buy your jacket and you jump off!
I also have the added advantage of only mounting/dismounting on a mounting block (due to disc issue) so therefore the lanyard is never stretched on the few occasions I did forget to unhook :)

Follysmum

Visit site
I have the standard Hit Air and have fallen off with it once and set it off once deliberately.
I can thoroughly recommend, it's better than the point 2 as it covers more of the body and I believe it does this faster. Its very light weight and you forget you are using it.

The after care team is amazing, Rachel at Hit Air was a total superstar with my Air Jacket when I sent it to be serviced and for the first time in Hit Air Ltd's history the parcel went AWOL. Thank God I'd had special delivery or whatever it was called, I was insured for the value and Rachel sent me a spare until mine was found.

BEST TIP - before you buy your chosen air jacket have something connected to your clothes that you can tie to your saddle - bit of bailing twine, string, whatever, I tied a bit of string to a loop on my jods (in case I forgot to disconnect). Then for a few days/weeks before you buy your air jacket practice 'connecting' it as soon as you mount, and undoing it as soon as you finish riding.

That way your brain is 'taught' and you don't waste expensive cannisters forgetting to disconnect the lanyard when you buy your jacket and you jump off!
I also have the added advantage of only mounting/dismounting on a mounting block (due to disc issue) so therefore the lanyard is never stretched on the few occasions I did forget to unhook :)

Great tip

Carlosmum

Visit site
I have a Hit-Air.. My advice would be to make sure you adjust the lanyard correctly relative to the size beast you are riding. I had a full size lanyard on a 14.2 pony and though it went off when I came off it was a little late & I didn't get the full benefit from it.