albion-anyone said..

I_A_P

Visit site
that there trees can nip the horse because of the way they are designed.

my mcT practistioner came out today and said that they used to be designed so that the tree ended up nipping the horse in front/pushing down besides the withers.

i know so many people praise them so im unsure and want to clear up any roumers so to speak
smile.gif

thanks in advance

serena2005

Visit site
my albion fits like a glove, why would they be made to nip the horse? that doesnt make sense to me, i love my saddle its so comfotable and iv never had a saddle for him thats fitted so well

I_A_P

Visit site
well im ony asking out of curiosity, apparently it was how it was desgned9not intentionally obviously) im only saying what iv been told, i really hope not as im planning on getting 2 albions!

KatB

Visit site
I've been told this too, my old instructor hated them. Theyve got long tree points apparently so catch them over the whithers and on the shoulders on the modern type of horse with big shoulders and action. The new ones with the new tree, like the Kontact lite and Genesis are more flexible and don't have this problem, but cost alot!!

Governor

Visit site
Not had any problems with mine.

I check Governor's back regularly and he's had no twinges since we've had the Albion which is pretty rare as he normally has a slight flinch when you feel along his back after using other saddles.

omrl

Visit site
My albion is a great fit. I had an old jefferies that caused a sore on my horses wither and every time i put that saddle on he hated it. However the albion sat nicely and he didnt mind it at all.

hunteress

Visit site
I think it depends on your horses shape I would have one made if you are going to falk out good money on 2 new albions I did the same as you bought an albion and a hawk event only to sell them on ebay for half the price as they ruined my horses back can give you the name of my maker and you can look at his website he comes highly recommended all my friends have had one of his saddles and never looked back we just have Mctomoney out now just for a check up, good luck.