Albion K2 GP saddle and..

m1stify

Visit site
Other GP saddles that put you in a good position for flatwork.
Background: I was planning on buying a dressage saddle to improve my flatwork, tried 2 (ideal jessica/thorowgood) and didn't get on with them. It turns out now my current GP is too wide for my horse now :( Was window shopping saddles yest and sat in an Albion k2 and I loved the position it put me in. Now this was still in shop so will have to try it on my horse etc. What do you think of this saddle for flatwork? I am prelim dressage and prob won't progress much further(!) and I jump 80/90 max. Happy at those levels! Is this a good jumping saddle also? Tbh if I get this (new) I won't have money for a dressage saddle also. Perhaps I don't need one?! Decisions!

fine_and_dandy

Visit site
I had my saddler out yesterday and my falcon hawk event didn't fit B any longer so my hand was pushed to getting another as I wasn't going to carry on with one which clearly wasn't ok on him anymore.

Anyway, she had some dressage saddles she brought with her at my request and the two which fitted B were the kent & masters and the albion k2.

I tried them both and felt he went a bit better in the k2 and i felt so secure because it put me in such a good position. So, although I'm talking about the dressage version, if you feel secure in it, it fits your ned well and will do what it needs to for your aims, go for it. personally, I have to say I am a convert to the K2 now!

I don't really have a need for a GP as I don't jump and it was a saddle to get him through his first year or so of riding, so appreciate slightly different to you!

loobylu

Visit site
I think the issue is that it is so individual, for example, I look like an absolute idiot in a k2 as the knee block seems to be in the wrong place. Keep doing what you are doing by trying anything anyone will lend you/ saddler has in stock.