Albion K2 Jump Saddles?

RayPo

New User
Visit site
I have recently bought a new horse, 16.3 Oldenburg gelding. I will mainly do dressage but do want to jump him at home and at the odd SJ competition or cross country comp. I am thinking of getting an Albion K2 jump saddle for him and would be interested for any views anyone has on them.

JessandCharlie

Visit site
I really like mine :D it's a very blocky saddle, so some people dot get along with them for that reason but I love it :) super comfy too

Sadly I have to sell it as it doesn't fit :(

J&C

RayPo

New User
Visit site
That's what I remember from riding in one a few years ago, that it was blocky and that's what I am looking for. What width did you have and do they come up narrow or wide? I tried an ideal and that came up very wide but his Albion dressage saddle is a wide fitting and I am wondering whether it will be the same in a K2 (his dressage is a SL)

JessandCharlie

Visit site
It's stamped medium, but I'd say is been altered at some point and is more a med-wide/wide, having tried another stamped med mine is definitely wider :confused: if you're after a blocky saddle I'd say this is a good place to start ;)

J&C

porkpie

Visit site
I absolutely love mine - best thing I've bought in a long time.

I got one recently second hand as horse got wider - the previous saddle was also an Albion (an old Kontrol or something - not 100% sure though) and that was fab too.

The K2 has massive knee blocks which you can really fit into as the knee rolls are really soft. Also big thigh blocks to make it extra secure. I use mine as my day to day hacking saddle aswell and for jumping and its really comfy.

They do seem to come up on the generous side - mine is a MW which is what the horse is but I have to pad it slightly at present. My dressage saddle is also an old Albion which although supposed to be only a Med, is also quite generous.

Hope that helps!

Luci07

Visit site
My dressage is a wide Albion SL and one of my jump saddles is the K2 jump ( same horse). It's not that forward cut though. Really does give a totally different feel on different horses though ( and this is when it has been fitted correctly)