Albion Selecta v K2

Max123

Visit site
I need to buy a new GP saddle for hacking/RC as my saddle came with my horse and while it fits him it doesn't fit me. He was away getting schooled and he was being ridden in an Albion K2 which fit him nicely and I found comfortable and secure. He came back last week and I got the saddle fitter out. He has high withers, medium-wide. Kind of prominent shoulders. The saddle he came with was a show saddle cut away at the shoulders. She brought an Albion K2 and was happy with the fit and I felt very comfortable in it. The demo model was for sale but in the meantime I have sourced a 2nd hand Albion saddle - same size as the demo etc but it is a Selecta. It is quite old but in excellent condition. I would need to get it flocked. I have it on trial for a few days and haven't ridden in it yet. The demo while a good price for what I would be getting is £400 dearer than the 2nd hand one. Does anybody have any views on the selecta versus the K2. Would they fit the same and from a comfort, secure point of view how do they compare? I will speak to the saddler tomorrow but presumably he will be pushing me towards a sale from him. I can't ignore the price difference and in a funny way I wish I hadn't spotted the 2nd hand one and I'd be delighted picking up my demo model during the week. Any views/opinions would be greatly appreciated.