Alexander Technique

clipclop

Visit site
Hi everyone
smile.gif

I wondered if any of you have used the Alexander Technique and what your experiences are?

Did it help with your riding, everyday life, etc, etc?

I was thinking about going to a Alexander Technique Therapist (Or whatever their technical name is) to help with some stiffness I have which I believe to be down to bad posture etc.
crazy.gif

I look forward to your posts
cool.gif

All the best
C x
grin.gif

Grey_Arab

Visit site
One of my friends tried it and she said shse certainly felt more relaxed (possibly because there is a loy of lying on the floor!!!) and she did seem to think that it helped her posture. She isn't a rider though!

Scarlett

Visit site
I went throgh a spell years ago of constantly falling off and destroting my confidence - someone gave me a book on AT which I showed my instructor, we started doing exercises from it during my lessons and within 3 weeks I had my balance back and confidence soon followed...! When I started teaching I used some very basic exercises on my nervous pupils to help them stay loose and balanced and it helped almost everyone...

Having had a couple of set backs this year i am looking for an AT instructor to come out to me now and help me get back to where I was before...

Like everything it doesnt work for just everyone but deffo worth a try!!!