ALF....... Murders

CARREG

Visit site
Jerryboy/Avalcalab
You're mateys have killed more animals in one week than Ive killed in a lifetime you must be really proud of them.............Carreg

Fairynuff

Visit site
Carreg, my comps on a go slow . Would you be kind enough to tell me whats happened, Im too lazy to wait on high tecnology getting its act together. Cheers, Mairi :)

Hercules

Visit site
Carreg,

You are absolutely spot on. These cretins believe that their actions are for the good of the animal and the environment.

By releasing mink, boar, fish etc from farms all they are doing is condeming the animals to a slow and miserable death (and providing an additional reason for hunting, which they claim to abhor).

They must be really proud. The clueless mongs.

jerryboy

Visit site
No I am not proud of them.

I did however find one comment very amusing - the "farmer" claiming that the welfare of the fish were always his prime concern.

As believable as you, Carreg, claiming that the welfare of the fox is your prime concern!

P.S How many foxes have you killed this year? Go on tell us - we are all desparate to hear. Which one provided the most satisfaction for you?

CARREG

Visit site
"...As believable as you, Carreg, claiming that the welfare of the fox is your prime concern..."........what you believe is of no interest to me

"....How many foxes have you killed this year? Go on tell us - we are all desparate to hear. Which one provided the most satisfaction for you...."
Nowhere near 15,000, I get the same sense of satisfaction with every one, knowing Ive killed them a lot quicker using my methods than they would be if I used the methods touted as humane by the LACS and the RSPCA..........Carreg

Shoveller

Visit site
I did however find one comment very amusing - the "farmer" claiming that the welfare of the fish were always his prime concern.

What earthly use would it be to a farmer trying to make a living if all his stock (in this case fish) were in awful condition? Farmers need to make money. You can't sell animals/fish/birds etc for a good price if they are all diseased and weak. You get the best price, and make the most money, if they are in tip top condition.

Same with hounds - if they were all mistreated and starving as the antis make out then they would be no use to us for hunting with, so we keep them in good condition.

flying_change

photobucket.com
Hmmm, just wondering....

if some people who liberate fish which then die are commiting murder (according to your title), what do you call people who chase and kill foxes ?

Hercules

Visit site
''what do you call people who chase and kill foxes ?''

Custodians of the countryside. Not freaks who know very little about nature, conservation, and pest control.

Their actions fly in the face of the very thing that they pretend to oppose: Cruelty.

flying_change

photobucket.com
Well I dont go round killing animals and then give myself the sanctimonious title of "Custodian of the countryside".

I am however a long-term member of a leading UK national conservation charity. As well as conserving countryside and the wildlife thereon, it also conserves buildings. And it doesnt conserve them by demolishing them.

Ereiam_jh

Visit site
"I am however a long-term member of a leading UK national conservation charity. As well as conserving countryside and the wildlife thereon, it also conserves buildings. And it doesnt conserve them by demolishing them. "

Not that you'd ever be sanctimonious at all.

Yes RS I'm a member of the NT as well.

Hercules

Visit site
RS,

Being a member of a charity is utterly irrelevant. I bought an edition of the 'Big Issue' the other day and I regularly donate to the British Heart Foundation. That doesn't mean that I understand the ins and outs of being a homeless person and it doesn't make me expert in cardiology.

What physical and practical effort do you actually put into wildlife managment and habitat conservation?

flying_change

photobucket.com
"Being a member of a charity is utterly irrelevant. I bought an edition of the 'Big Issue' the other day and I regularly donate to the British Heart Foundation. That doesn't mean that I understand the ins and outs of being a homeless person and it doesn't make me expert in cardiology."

What an utterly stupid statement.

Ereiam_jh

Visit site
Without wanting to appear sanctimonious about it or anything, I do feel that using my four dogs to flush deer helps with habitat conservation because it preserves my coppiced woodland and allows it to regrow after I have harvested it.

I feel that for me to shoot these deer would be wrong.

And yes, I just can't be arsed to stop my dogs flushing the deer.

I've held discussions with LACS on this subject and they say I should fence off all the wildlife from the routes that I walk my dogs down in order to stop the wildlife being disturbed.

This seems to be an awfully expensive route to have to go down, have you seen the cost of deer fencing? Am I really being that cruel to warrant such expense?

Hercules

Visit site
RS,

The fact that you are a member of a charity is irelevant. It may give you a grester interest, but it does not necessarily give you any greater understanding of the issue that you are supporting.

Answer my question. What practical or physical effort do you put into wildlife management or conservation?

jerryboy

Visit site
Taking satisfaction from killing an animal , as you have just stated, is not something I will ever understand.

P.S. I don't care what you think either. To be frank you just make me laugh.

Ereiam_jh

Visit site
If you don't care what someone thinks then is there any point in entering into a debate with them?

Are you just here to sound off?

Do you think there is ever anything to learn from listening to people you disagree with?

CARREG

Visit site
".............I get the same sense of satisfaction with every one, knowing Ive killed them a lot quicker using my methods than they would be if I used the methods touted as humane by the LACS and the RSPCA..........Carreg..........."

Hercules

Visit site
RS,

So your answer is that you do nothing practical or physical for conservation or wildlife management.. Aside from reading books, you therefore have no experience. Another theorist. Thankyou.

flying_change

photobucket.com
Hmmm, the fact that with the help of my financial support the charity I mentioned manages hundreds of acres of countryside seems not to count in your view.

And if it doesnt count, and you feel I have to personally manage some aspect of the countryside and/or wildlife....

I still think that your 'I kill animals, I'm a guardian of the countryside' mindset is laughable.