alfalfa free and oil free chaff with added vitamins?

gothdolly

Visit site
Does such a thing exist?! Im have a horse who scours if he eats alfalfa or oil...... ! I have looked at all the backs of feed sacks in the limited range that our feed shop stocks but no luck as yet.

thanks in advance!

Angelbones

Visit site
I have an alfalfa allergic pony. She can have D&H Safe and Sound chaff but I don't know about its oil content. She can also have the Spillers Horse and Pony nuts as alfalfa free, but again I don't know about their oil content.

TGM

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
My Tb can't have Alfalfa so he gets copra, would that be any use for your's?

[/ QUOTE ] Copra is a high oil feed, so unlikely to be suitable for the OP's horse, which is sensitive to oil.

Angelbones

Visit site
Forgot to say that the Spillers nuts don't contain any Soya either - I have a pony allergic to soya so these nuts were the only ones that suited both allergy ponies. Don't know if that helps you out on the oil front? x

TGM

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Forgot to say that the Spillers nuts don't contain any Soya either - I have a pony allergic to soya so these nuts were the only ones that suited both allergy ponies. Don't know if that helps you out on the oil front? x

[/ QUOTE ]

Spiller's horse and pony cubes contain vegetable oil, as do their high fibre cubes.

gothdolly

Visit site
Thank you very much for your replies everyone.

I didnt know that Mollichaff extra was Alfa free, I checked the backs of lots of mollichaff sacks such as veteran and hoofkind and they all had alfa in them - I didnt check the extra but you are right, it is just straw chaff - hurrah!

Im going to get him a bag and see if he can manage it.

thanks again!

hellybelly6

Visit site
Mollychaff does not have alfalfa in it as I feed to my alfalfa intolerant horse.

Oil in feed is more of a problem, again I recommend mollychaff, but unless it is the mollichaff extra, you will need to feed a vit/mineral supplement too.

I feed my horse allen and page fast fibre and ride and relax with added mollychaff to bulk it out even further as he is a good doer.

teb

Visit site
Usually if anything says vegtable oil, that's soya. Cheapest oil on the market which is why it's in everything. Plus you have to do something with the surplus from the soybean industry.

Thankfully, my horses don't have issues with Alfalfa, but they do with soya - hate the stuff.

Terri