Alice/Alex Peternell for training

Lou_Lou123

Visit site
A friend of mine is going to the UK with her two horses for 4-6 weeks this Summer to get some training and with the aim of going to Hartpury CCI** with her more experienced horse (they have already done a CIC** in Ireland last year). The Peternell's yard does diy livery and has great facilities, but don't allow outside trainers in. So my friend was wondering if anyone has had dressage lessons with Alice Peternell (as this is the area she wants to work most on) and what she is like? Also, what is Alex like as a trainer?

She is also looking to do Wilton intermediate before Hartpury so any information on that as an event would be great too!

PM if you prefer.

Thank you in advance :)

LEC

Opinions are like bum holes, everyone has one.
www.youtube.com
Has she got a job with the Peternell's? Is she definitely set on going there? I think I would probably look to go elsewhere. Its a very strong area for eventers. Nick Gauntlett is a very good trainer and normally very amenable espcially as its short term. I would have thought he will have horses going to Hartpury. Bill Levett would be another suggestion to try?

Lou_Lou123

Visit site
She has decided to just go for a short time and pay for livery/training rather than be a working pupil for someone so that she can have to more time for training and make the most of taking her horses. (I think she'll probably try to find part time work riding/teaching/grooming to help with costs etc). I think the advantages of the peternells are they offer diy, individual turnout and Alice does dressage training which is the area that she really wants to work on the most (her horse is very bold XC and she's been having lots of sj training here recently and her horse is sj really well too). I don't think she's set on anywhere yet and is still calling people so I'll pass on the names to her. Thanks!

monkeybum13

Visit site
I think trendybraincell on here used to livery there, might be worth sending her a PM.
If you are destined on that area feel free to send me a PM if you need more info etc, I'm in one of the neighbouring villages :)