All change here, and it’s going to feel really weird

Casey76

Visit site
So, with Tartine off to Wales for an extended holiday on Thursday and Blitz off to his new home on Saturday, next Sunday will be the first day in over 14 years I won’t have a horse to look after.

I’m feeling rather sad, tbh.

Oh, I’m going to have lots to occupy me, as I have to pack up my belongings and sell the house and contents in 3 months - so I’m going to be running around like a lunatic I think. I have lists coming out of my ears of things to do, things to pack, things to sell... But I’m going to give myself a break this week and concentrate on my ponies, then set to with a vengeance.

I still plan on going to the yard fairly regularly, for, if nothing else, some human interaction. I’m also planning on having a table top sale of my extraneous horsey stuff as I seem to have collected a lot over the 14 years!

Then in June, it’s back to the UK for me. I haven’t lived in the UK since 2002 so that is going to be some big adjustment too!

DabDab

Ah mud, splendid
Visit site
Big changes! Good luck with it all. Are you planning on joining T in Wales, or somewhere else in the UK?

Reactions: DD

SEL

Visit site
That is going to feel very odd! But you're planning your return for the UK summer so hopefully it will behave with some nice weather.

Reactions: DD

Surbie

Visit site
Good luck with the move and with all the packing that goes with it. I love a good clearout, it feels so therapeutic.

oldie48

Visit site
Gosh that's a lot of change! I hope it all goes smoothly for you and the very best of luck for whatever the future holds. do you know where in the UK you will moving back to?

Palindrome

Visit site
Good luck, I hope everything goes as smoothly as possible. Last year I moved back to my native country after 10 years living abroad, I don't regret it too much. It is a lot easier to speak your native language and live in the culture you have been raised with.

pippixox

Visit site
All the best.
I’m about to leave my horses in the U.K. (paying a friend with horses next door to them) and move to France with husbands work. Improving my french and settling in will be hard, but being without my horses will be the hardest I think.

Casey76

Visit site
Sorry, can’t work out the new multi-quote thingymajiggy:

I’m initially moving back home with my mum until I get myself sorted out and re-established in the UK. That is in Sunderland, so I’m going to be just as far as I could possibly be for Tartine, however she is going to a trusted friend who has an equicentral/paddock paradise natural livery yard; I honestly don’t think she could be going to a nicer place!