All change.

Clodagh

Visit site
Pep the spaniel has gone off to a wonderful home. A man who beats and rough shoots. She lives in the house, sleeps on the bed apparently ?, and is mainly a family pet. She deserves it.
Mr Spottherisk then got in touch. He knew of an ex puppy farm Labrador. Just 4 years old and has had 4 litters. Awful living conditions apparently.
Well, what can you do… meet ‘Red’.

Attachments

• 8BFA3105-3EB7-4B3A-B419-9838BE205432.jpeg
    8BFA3105-3EB7-4B3A-B419-9838BE205432.jpeg
    98.7 KB · Views: 85
  • 72AC3320-4940-4720-AAEB-EE8B0F2D7EB7.jpeg
    72AC3320-4940-4720-AAEB-EE8B0F2D7EB7.jpeg
    113 KB · Views: 85

Pearlsasinger

Up in the clouds
Visit site
I can’t believe I’ve gone all new money and got a red ??

And she genuinely is red, rather than butterscotch! I'm not sure about 'new money' though, my parents' 1st joint dog, bought in 1953 was genuinely red and bred to work, they went out of fashion after that and cream/pale yellow became all the rage. Anyway a good dog is never a bad colour;)

Clodagh

Visit site
And she genuinely is red, rather than butterscotch! I'm not sure about 'new money' though, my parents' 1st joint dog, bought in 1953 was genuinely red and bred to work, they went out of fashion after that and cream/pale yellow became all the rage. Anyway a good dog is never a bad colour;)
She isn’t really much darker than T, who’ve I’ve always called butterscotch!

Clodagh

Visit site
Aww, she’s lovely! I have a red ‘Red’ too, although mine is a boy!
View attachment 96707
It is a bit of a boys name, tbh, my mum had a gelding called Red. She doesn’t know though, she was something else but just too similar to one of mine. When I changed her chip it turned out her breeder had actually registered her with the chip company as Red! She probably wore a red collar as a pup but it was obviously meant to be.

Last edited:

Pearlsasinger

Up in the clouds
Visit site
After a Fenton moment yesterday involving a roe deer it was brought home that clingy does not equal obedient!
Today we took cheese cubes on our walk and it certainly improved her focus 100%.

We were told that our new one likes to attach herself to other dogs, on walks. Treats (by the dozen)for coming back have meant that we haven't seen any of that behaviour.

YorksG

Over the hill and far awa
Visit site
Red knows absolutely nothing. But she’s keen and happy to learn. Although actually she needs far more training than Pep she’s so much easier as she can at least be walked with the others.
It's fascinating how the established ones show them how to go on, which also makes life easier, or so we find.

Clodagh

Visit site
It's fascinating how the established ones show them how to go on, which also makes life easier, or so we find.
Well it isn’t particularly, with Red, as she is completely disinterested in the others, so yesterday as she followed the deer’s trail across the field (she hadn’t seen the deer) the others all stayed with us.
She is incredibly anxious and I think gives off stress vibes so there is no communication between them all, that I can see.
She has calmed down a lot and yesterday for the first time the others sniffed her.
I think with a less stressed and normally reared dog it is a Godsend.

YorksG

Over the hill and far awa
Visit site
Well it isn’t particularly, with Red, as she is completely disinterested in the others, so yesterday as she followed the deer’s trail across the field (she hadn’t seen the deer) the others all stayed with us.
She is incredibly anxious and I think gives off stress vibes so there is no communication between them all, that I can see.
She has calmed down a lot and yesterday for the first time the others sniffed her.
I think with a less stressed and normally reared dog it is a Godsend.
Oh lordy, that does sound awkward, poor creature, did she have very little interaction with other dogs as a puppy farmed animal?