All moved in

S_N

Visit site
Boy O Boy am I shattered!! Day started not so well: Arrived at yard to discover the rubber mats that Mum and I had scrubbed and put up to dry yesterday, were litterally strewn across the yard, with foot prints all over them!!! Fairly obvious who was responsible, as not only were there human foot prints, but also 2 sets of pony sized prints = Horrid Lady!!! Ho hum. Then the tyre on the small open top trailer of my B-I-L's, came off it's rim
ooo.gif
Thankfully before I had loaded anything up!! So then had to scrounge around for another trailer to take all my feed bins/rubber mats/hay etc.... over to the new yard. Took TWO trips - God but I have a lot of crap!! Anyway - both ponies happy in their stable - all my stuff unloaded and put away!!

I travelled in the back of the trailer - I know, I know, but we had to leave the partition in, as we had no full breast bar and it was only a 5 min journey - if that much!! B wouldn't load though - she just said NO! My Mum had her and I had H, so tried H first - he went in first on the way back from Devon County, with NO encouragement, but this time he said NO!!! So we swapped and B just pootled up the ramp as if butter wouldn't melt
grin.gif
Atta girl
grin.gif
laugh.gif
She jsut wanted her Mummy
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Then H wanted to go in, but couldn't fathom that he had to step UP to get on to the ramp - and I thought he was a bright child......... Anyway, once I had lifed his front feet onto the ramp, he was like "Well come on then - race ya to the top"
grin.gif
grin.gif

So, then we set off and H travelled like a dream, but B was REALLY stressy!! Having now been in the back of a 510 and a 505 (this was a 505), I can safely say that I will be getting a 510, when I do purchase a trailer - the ride is just SO much better. She was all hunch backed and chewing and shaking - never seen her like that!! Glad I had some Coligone!!! Apparently Mum was barely going 20mph and we (friend towing us) were barely keeping up with her!!

An the BEST bit.............. I have MY VERY OWN barn!!! Stable x 2 (poss to be made into one), dirt floor (put rubber mats on top) is excellent (IMO dirt and chalk cannot be beaten) Own storage area, with shelved cupboard (now FULL to bursting with my lotions and potions), storage racks - you name it!!

They will have their own paddock, with 2 lovely mares as neighbours - a chestnut TB x and a bay ID x Shire, both sweeties.

So there you have it - will be taking piccies tomorrow for you guys! It's no South Fork, but I LOVE IT!!!!

JAK

Visit site
Sounds wonderful - you must be so excited!
laugh.gif

All that space......& peace......& storage.......& a dirt floor to boot!
I am really, really pleased for you! It honestly sounds quite perfect! xxx
laugh.gif

S_N

Visit site
PMSL!!! Seeing as I had just[/] about started writing this when we started chatting....... it's taken over TWO hours to write!!! LMAO!! Was good to chat though hun!!

S_N

Visit site
VERY excited and VERY relieved TBH!! They are SOOOOO accomodating!! Just lovely people!! He was truely suprised when I handed him and envelope with the first months livery in it and I said "I have divided £X (week's livery) by 7 and them timesed it by 31, as 31 days in August" He was like "Oh, thank you"! Whereas the previous YO was all for getting EVERY single penny out of me!! *sighs contentedly* Feel happy now
grin.gif

Enfys

Visit site
So pleased for you, I hope you will all be happy and relaxed there. It sounds lovely
smile.gif

_jetset_

Visit site
I am glad you only had a few small upsets, it wouldn't be a proper move if you didn't! Hope they settle in quickly, and looking forward to seeing the pictures.

Are there other liveries on the yard? Are they ok?

Gomer

Visit site
Glad you're settling in your new yard, it sounds nice :)

I think you're quite patient with that woman really - how daft to walk all over your newly scrubbed rubber matting and to even be so obvious about it... it must be great not to have her on your new yard!?

H's mum

www.coligone.co.uk
Aw brilliant - I'm glad that the move went well!
smile.gif

A lot of people don't realise how traumatic travelling is for their horses when they dont' witness it first hand
frown.gif
I'm glad Hector travelled ok though - and that they've settled in well - Lucky you having your own barn and storage - you'll be so much happier now!
Kate xxx