ALL Ok everyone?

ILuvCowparsely

Visit site
So far panel in our front paddock down and metal tin roof half down and had to remove it. Horses out - have run arounds but better out specially due to tin roof coming off.

Birker2020

Visit site
Partner just text to say trees have come down on the track to the fields at the yard so he's been up there with a chain saw cutting them down so the horses can come in later this afternoon.

At least the barn roof is holding up.

meleeka

Visit site
I’m watching mine on the camera. My tractor store roof has come off but that’s the only thing that I can see. It only about 6ft square and not the sturdiest build.

My mini shetland was on the dung heap earlier which might have been quite clever as there’s a large bank behind it, except there’s 3 perfectly safe stables he could have chosen instead! None of the others are remotely bothered and just eating in the shelter.

HollyWoozle

www.farandride.com
We're in Bedfordshire and all OK so far, although it seems to be picking up a bit now. Bit of old tree and ivy down in the drive but nothing major yet. Horses had a little hoon earlier and now standing together with their bums to the wind (they can go in if they like).

Hope everyone gets on alright!

Asha

Visit site
No issues as yet in Cheshire. Horses all went out this morning, and didnt want to come back in when i shouted them. Stood in the middle of the field getting soaked. However, about an hour ago the wind just started to get a bit stronger than usual , and hey presto they where all at the gate asking to come in. So are now tucked up. To be fair, it was the pregnant mare who asked and the others followed.

Hope everyone else is ok

Snowfilly

Visit site
Cornwall and field was ok this morning, gained half a shed from next door but it looks like getting down there will be tricky as trees are down everywhere.

Lots of roof and window damage around me but thank someone we live in a hollow and it’s kind of gone over the top of our street.

Burnttoast

Visit site
My spare greenhouse frame that I was going to cover in polytunnel plastic and use for sweet peppers is no longer greenhouse-shaped :( And the mineral felt is coming off one of the shed roofs. But so far touch wood ok otherwise. Boys didn't want hay in field so I've left them with some in the field and some in the shelter, which they'd rather be in, apparently. It's completely open so less chance of the roof coming off I suppose, and has a big hedge along the windward long side, so it's actually quite nice in there! Hope everyone else stays safe.

Mrs B

Visit site
Devon south coast - been pretty fierce! Power just come back on and got to try to get back to the yard later (in the middle of a forest!), but my usual route is blocked by fallen trees and live cables ...

Could be interesting! :oops:

scruffyponies

Visit site
My daughter's static now has an oak 'tree-feature' puncturing the roof in 3 places right into her living room. Full extent of the damage won't be known until we clear away all the foliage and timber. Same branch has taken out about 1/4 of the roof of my workshop. Lord knows how all the windows are still intact.
1645196933463.png

The large oak by the paddock has somehow gone right through an open gateway, missing the gate, and just leaving the gatepost a bit more wonky than it was before... very fixable.

At least 4 large ashes down not over paths. Looks like firewood will not be a problem for several years, but at least one of the ponies is going to have to do some logging this spring.

The Fuzzy Furry

Getting old disgracefully
Visit site
I have no idea how things are at the yard, only that I cant get there at present till a huge oak has been cut off the access track, plus a few more on local roads being cleared.
Awaiting a call as soon as tree has been removed....

MyBoyChe

Visit site
I have never been so thankful for my Reolink, Set up so I can watch my 2 outside stables. Have had it on most of today whilst working just to make sure nothing falls on them or blows into them. Fortunately Im literally 2 minutes away and so far, all seems safe. Hope it blows through before much longer though. One of the ponies has spent most of today looking out, the other one has been hiding at the back out of the wind! Big lad is in an indoor barn which is technically safer as not in a tree line!!

Sandstone1

Visit site
I have never been so thankful for my Reolink, Set up so I can watch my 2 outside stables. Have had it on most of today whilst working just to make sure nothing falls on them or blows into them. Fortunately Im literally 2 minutes away and so far, all seems safe. Hope it blows through before much longer though. One of the ponies has spent most of today looking out, the other one has been hiding at the back out of the wind! Big lad is in an indoor barn which is technically safer as not in a tree line!!
Yes, very glad I have my camera. Brought mine in at lunchtime just as it was starting to get very windy, they have plenty of hay and seem settled at the moment but keeping a close eye on them.

babymare

Visit site
My daughter's static now has an oak 'tree-feature' puncturing the roof in 3 places right into her living room. Full extent of the damage won't be known until we clear away all the foliage and timber. Same branch has taken out about 1/4 of the roof of my workshop. Lord knows how all the windows are still intact.
View attachment 87685

The large oak by the paddock has somehow gone right through an open gateway, missing the gate, and just leaving the gatepost a bit more wonky than it was before... very fixable.

At least 4 large ashes down not over paths. Looks like firewood will not be a problem for several years, but at least one of the ponies is going to have to do some logging this spring.
Oh my word that’s so awful.

Regandal

Visit site
View attachment 87685

???

ILuvCowparsely

Visit site
Well at the end of the day One huge branch with ivy on it came down in field missing heras fence, one pane in the ponies paddock and the roof of this he which is lying on the ground now. Its actually the roof of both sides, just leaving this small bit still attached.

Attachments

• 20220218_153642.jpg
    20220218_153642.jpg
    709.5 KB · Views: 15
  • 20220218_153718.jpg
    20220218_153718.jpg
    963.1 KB · Views: 15

ihatework

Visit site
Wilts/Gloucs boarder - just back from what I was expecting to be chaos but remarkably unscathed.

11 horses across 3 fields - all present and uninjured and not looking too traumatised.
Fencing still standing.
3x field shelters still standing.

Putting haylage out was interesting but otherwise a sigh of relief!

mariew

Visit site
The village has a fair amount of roofs damaged, a couple of houses with blown out windows (!) Gutters down and trees down. Stables fine thankfully although some have lost some sheds. Fortunately our house was buffered by a larger building so we were fine.

oldie48

Visit site
So sorry to hear that people have had damage to stables etc, it's been better than expected here (south worcestershire) but there are lots of trees down blocking lanes and the flood gates are closed so we are pretty marooned. Fortunately, apart from walking the dog (who found the wind a little bit exciting) I've stayed in the warm. I did have to visit my neighbour as they are flying to Portugal this evening (hopefully) and I am looking after hens and the rabbit whilst they are away. We did have to replace a few feed bin lids and repair the outdoor pens a bit! Keep safe everyone! I wonder if my neighbour got the dog to parents and managed to drive to the airport????

cindars

Visit site
Neighbour had a tree come down on her stables,luckily her horses were out,our yard has a large tree down on fence horses in,few minutes earlier they were under said tree grazing.Sussex a bit bumping but settled now.

Ratface

Visit site
In the courtyard stables, old horse and his lady friend in the adjacent stable are, thankfully, snug and safe.
Main stable block roof offering to take off. Helpful neighbour persuaded it to sit, and stay. Which it did.