All you Irish Draught Owners/Lovers! Are they really that hard to find

Emshad

Visit site
Trying to find an ID to buy but We honestly can mainly only see crosses in the irish draught sections on what seems like every website you can think of - Have checked out quite a few breeders (which is where we would ideally want to go) but dont want foals and thats all they seem to have atm, IDHS etc- preferably something 4+ and backed (would even consider much older!) is seemingly very hard to come by!
frown.gif
Any ideas - This seems like a never ending search at the mo....!? any help would be much appriciated xx

Barneykins

Visit site
My YO is selling a ab-so-lotely STUNNING pure bred ID. He's on www.horseabout.com Rockrimmon Glenside Monarch. He has the best temperament and stunning looks, lovely jump - he has it all. He is in NI tho. He also has several youngsters in to break.

Ladylina83

Visit site
I would have said search in Ireland and import but my friend has an ID that she shipped in and when she looked into his history he had been in Shropshire until 3 months previously !

He was only 3k tho and he is brilliant !

canteron

Visit site
Have you tried putting a 'wanted' advert in the For Sale sectoin of the IDHS website?

Also, in the past I have found if you ring the IDHS they are pretty good at putting contacts together.

lochpearl

Visit site
Try www.yewtreefarmirishsporthorses.co.uk they are really helpful there and very honest!!!! If you tell them what you are after they might be able to source one and bring it over for you. On the horses for sale page, under sold, there is a grey gelding by Castana - he's mine now, doubled in size since then but what a gorgeous horse he is xx

spaniel

Visit site
Took me many months to find mine and it was by chance I spotted him on the IDHS website. Came straight from the breeder as a 5 year old who had previously been covering mares. He proved to be very straightforward to back so dont let something unbroken put you off too much.

tbh I would go through a breeder rather than a dealer if at all possible, that way you know just what you are getting.

Emshad

Visit site
Thanks Guys, I am down in Kent gingin? Not sure where my other thread has gone - i wrote a long one out and maybe i didnt submit?? anyway Ladylina the thought did cross my mind if we find nothing in the UK i didnt think ti would be this difficult. Canteron good idea - i will try ringing the IDHS directly, all of the breeders on their list i have contacted though only have had foals in..??

Lochpearl, just on your link now your boy is gorge - you are very lucky
smile.gif
xx

Passtheshampoo

Visit site
I have a homebred bright bay RID filly rising 4 by Hillviewfarm Milligan which I have just decided to sell. She should mature 16.2hh + (16.1hh now) and currently has over 9 1/2" bone. She has the most wonderful temperament and is very good to handle. I have just started longreining her with full tack on and she's totally accepting of everything. Only for sale as I've had 3 big spinal ops and have reluctantly decided that as I can no longer do much more than light hacking my 10 year old mare would be more suitable for me.

Kat

Visit site
That is pretty much what we are after too, we've been in touch with Yew Tree Farm, although haven't actually tried anything yet. They import youngsters and have been highly recommended to us, perhaps a bit too far for you though.

LMuirEDT

www.horsedentistry.org.uk
Oh I feel quite fortunate to have found mine then! Was looking (not for pure ID in particular) and happened to mention to a client about it when I was working and she had a 3yr old, just backed for sale. Just stumbled across him by chance really. He's turned out absolutely fab!

amc

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
have you tried Nigel wrigley??

[/ QUOTE ]
I second this, Sue & Nigil Wrigley are in Essex and the most honest people you could come across, well worth a call
smile.gif

Emshad

Visit site
Thanks everyone - Katt do Yew Tree Farm have any contact details etc? Also can someone let me have details of Nigel & Sue Essex is on the doorstep too xx