Allen & Page L Mix

cornwallexracers

Visit site
Just wondering if anyone feeds Allen & Page L Mix and what your thoughts of it are? My part Welsh D is currently on D&H safe and sound (only a token amount while the others are fed and to give him his vits & mins) but just recently he's started turning his nose up at it and would rather just eat his hay. I tried him on some Hi-fi molasses free, but he wasn't interested in that either, even with mint added, and I can't say I blame him as it does seem a bit on the dull side. So I am considering the A&P L mix as it sounds as though it might be a bit more interesting, and also low in sugar & calories, but as they don't do samples I was just wondering if anyone else had used it and is it likely to pique his interest in his meagre ration or am I wasting my time with this as well?!

Thanks in advance :)

lelly

Visit site
A&P used to send samples out if you contact them. I had samples for my fussy Cushing's pony but I must add it was about two years ago. Sorry can't help with the L mix as I haven't used it.

fatponee

Visit site
I used to feed L mix to my old section A a few years ago. It's much more like a traditional mix so I would have thought your Welshie would wolf it down!

wench

Visit site
I use Dodson and horrell equine sensitive on my fussy horse that can't have molasses or soya, and needed something fairly low energy. It smells absolutely delicious and she gobbles it down.

You could see the change in her muscle wise after eating it for a couple of weeks.

I'm not a fan of d&h feeds but this one is fantastic for current horse

cornwallexracers

Visit site
It seems I've solved the problem! Its not the D&H safe and sound or the Hi-Fi, with the arrival of the new (previously laminitic) horse two weeks ago who is on Formula 4 Feet, I decided to put baby welshie on that as well rather than have two horses on different supplements when they are both essentially for improvement of their feet (but for different reasons). I fed them tonight and was totally distracted by another livery talking to me, and forgot to put his formula 4 feet in, and hey presto he scoffed his tea. Tried offering him some F4F and he looked at me as though I was trying to feed him poison, so looks like the issue is that and not the rest of his food, so no need to change his feed afterall.

I didn't really want to be feeding two different supplements for feet but looks like I'm going to have to unless I can find one they both agree on. Anyone know what Farriers Formula is like, or is it even less than the apparently 'highly palatable' F4F!!