Aloha from Oahu

AlohaCob

Visit site
I realized I never made an introduction post, so in case anyone cares, here goes:

My name is Lee Ann, and I live on Oahu, and have done so since...a long time ago! My first horse, a lovely bay TB/QH cross mare was purchased in 2003. We had many ups and downs but in the past few years before retiring her, it was downs, and she really killed my confidence. I was able to find a great retirement board for her on another island so I don't get to see her too often, but she is doing great. I figured I would take a year off away from horses and then start looking for the second one. Come May 1, 2017, and I started looking seriously. It is really hard horse hunting, but even more so when you are as isolated as we are on these islands. Many false starts later, I found a Gypsy Vanner gelding who ticked my boxes. We hit it off and he has now been my pony for a little more than two months. We hope to do some dressage and generally just have fun. My confidence is coming back, although slower than I had hoped but progress is still a great thing. I love my Foggy boy a ton! Here are a few shots:

nzHa1CU.jpg
[/IMG]

amIPCqV.jpg
[/IMG]

J2I4ork.jpg
[/IMG]

hobo

Visit site
Hello LA from Oahu. It is lovely how people with the same interests from all over the world have a place to chat to kindred spirits. Glad you have found a new horse and are getting your confidence back. He looks a lovely boy the middle picture shows his kind face.

We visited Big Island and loved it and OH is itching to get back to see more of Hawaii in time. We have just retired from dairy farming so intend to have lots more trips seeing places that we like the sound of.

AlohaCob

Visit site
hobo: I hope that you get to visit as often as you like! I would love to travel more myself. So much beauty in this world. DabDab: sadly, the horsey scene is shrinking. Our island is small, and therefore land is always in demand for building more and more million dollar homes for foreign investors. Ok, that was a little bitter, but not untrue! Anyway, there are still some beautiful places to keep your horse and ride. There is a dressage scene here, and western/rodeo of course, as well as the hunter/jumper group. Not too many shows, but there is still a show season at least. I am hoping to start off with some training level dressage next year if my confidence and wallet allows! Thanks for the welcomes all! I figured this would be a great place to learn more about cobs, lol.