Along with previous post - do your OH, BF mind???

PaddyMonty

Visit site
Seeing as 2 of the 3 horses I have to get up early to turn out are hers she doesn't mind at all, as long as i make her a cup of tea before I leave.

Rambo

Visit site
Sometimes......but usually pretty understanding as one of them is hers as well, and occasionally she rides mine for me so I get a day off
smile.gif

dieseldog

Visit site
Not the getting up early as he is totally coamtose and has no idea what time I leave, but in the evenings sometimes he can be funny. The winter isn't too bad as he has Rugby practice.

Judie

Visit site
Fully supported by non-horsey OH but he works long hours and knows he is free to go off sailing without me moaning about left at home - to mess all day with my beastie
smirk.gif

Blackhawk

sublimedesigns.moonfruit.com
OH is horsey so helps out/exercises if I can't. Not feeling up to it today so he surprised me by mucking them out, feeding, rugging, turning out, etc and even fed the cat who he doesn't have much affection for.

fairhill

Visit site
OH wakes up earlier than me anyway, and says that he enjoys the peace and quiet and being able to watch football without interruptions whilst I'm at the stables...

Mellymoo1

Visit site
OH secretly doesn't like me having a horse - he will come and help me down the yard but gets bored quickly!! He doesn't like me being down there when it's dark and doesnt like the fact that we have dinner so late!!

Chumsmum

Visit site
I'm in the same boat - OH works away and has lots of expensive hobbies so was quite pleased when I got my neddy. He has also learnt that 'I will only be another 10 minutes' means 'see you in a hour'
smile.gif

Baileysno1

Visit site
Mine is good he helps me turn out in the morning (we work at the same place and call on the way) accopanies me to lessons and events I have 'L' plates on my tralier and am crap at reversing. He also puts the jumps up and sits on my horse to warm him down. Hes brill!!!

princesskelly

Visit site
no my oh is great he's asleep when i go to work he starts work at 7 finish at 5 he has his own business so sometimes has to work later. so we get in around the same time then just chill for the evening. i go to bed about 9 (have a 3.45 start). he has half day on wednesday so sometimes comes down yard with me. but he thinks he knows everything so sometimes best left at home!
grin.gif

Nic

Visit site
No - he is asleep when I go out in the am & has a playstation2 so probably wouldn't notice if I stayed out at the stables all night(unless he got hungry!)
smirk.gif

samp

Visit site
Mine is horsey - 1st time ever. I do his horse as he is up far too early. Quite nice that we can help each other out, he puts jumps up for me and I school/ lunge his horse

Lill

Visit site
Hm no not really OH works Sunday to Thursday from about 4pm and finishes between 1am and 5am so i don't see him those days anyway. I don't go down the stables on a Friday so i get to see OH then and so no he doesn't mind he's not there to mind!
smile.gif

SillyMare

Visit site
Mine is totally non-horsy but very supportive (actually bought Lexi for me).

Think he realises it is the best way for him to get a quiet life!

He works shifts so we both come and go at funny times anyway.

MrsMagoo

Visit site
At the mo, we get up about the same time and in the evening i'm home about 7/.30ish and hes about the same - can be later or earlier somtimes as his new job is all diff hours...weekends i try not to spend all day down yard but OH is quite good and will come with me to shows/lessons etc and somtimes helps with riding Star....

If i get this new job, i'll have to leave him snuggled in bed but should hopefully be in the same time - sooo not fair, but then again he used to be the one getting up at 6am every morning lol...

Thistle

Visit site
Mine moans constantly and the last few changes (new horse and dog) he has threatened to leave, he is still here though. I can't help it if it for our daughter too.
He has a very expensive Ford GT and also owns half a helicopter so I can't really see how he can moan.

Unlike his toys mine don't wait quietly in the hangar though.

AmyMay

Situation normal
Visit site
I've just split up from someone who was very in to horses and sailing - so we both had plenty to occupy ourselves outside of our relationship. It was never a problem for us. He did his thing, I did mine - and we would meet up in the middle.

Unfortunately they were also into other extra-curricula activities such as seeing other women!!
mad.gif

Tia

Visit site
No because I don't do early starts and late finishes. We live and spend all day together running our farm so we are generally helping each other or he is doing something else whilst I am busy doing whatever I do.

Anyway he likes it all ........ as I am the breadwinner over here in Canada so it keeps him smiling knowing I am making us money.
cool.gif

bellaboo

Visit site
Mine totally hates horses, i'm up before he is in the morn so does'nt notice me going, but if i'm not back before he wakes he is on the fone every 10 mins asking when will i be finished, where am i and what time i will be home. He's daft as i don't really go anywhere else other than the yard and am always home roughly the same time! Does my head in!!!!!!!

Sarah1

Visit site
Most of the time no!

My lovely OH actually gets up with me when it's my turn to turn out and helps as he doesn't like me being at yard on my own when it's dark and no-one else is about, ahhhhh!

He frequently says that he's glad Bailey is doing his job...making me happy!!!!! How lovely is my OH?!

He has to do alot of the cooking since I got Bailey and more cleaning than he used to but he hasn't complained once, bless!

I'm very lucky really but I've taken to hitting him in my sleep - that man needs a medal!!!!

Oh, one small other point...he actually bought Bailey for me as my xmas pressie last year!!!!