Alternatives to TB base mix

Esmae

Visit site
Having fed TB essential base mix for some years, and given by what is currently being reported regarding those products, what would be a good alternative? Any good ideas?

bluehorse

Visit site
I use a Forageplus balancer and micronised linseed. I fed the base mix for a while but found mine looked a lot better on this.

Reactions: TPO

ozpoz

Visit site
I use Agrobs gut mash, horse loves it. Don’t buy off Amazon, I was sent something completely different by a third party company ?

TPO

Visit site
Just a high quality vit/min balancer and micronised linseed

My horse did really badly on the base mix. At that point in time they didn't label label feed or have ingredients and analysis on their website. Called them and Debroah was extremely rude, patronising, condescending and dismissive. Dumped the bag on the muckheap and reverted to trusted feed companies. This was 2010/11

Progressive Earth Pro Balance is my usual go to for a balancer

Zuzan

Visit site
If you want an easy herbal supplment to add in to some plain grass chop Dodson and Horrell Hedgerow Herbs is good.

Essentially if you feed micronised linseed, a plain grass chop and the above plus a vit and min supplement you've pretty much covered all nutritional bases.. if you want to add a bit more "oompppfh" add in some grass or alfa pellets (Dengie do both).

Esmae

Visit site
Thank you. I have been happy with the esb mix up to now but really not feeling too confident in light of recent reports. Shame really. My horses have all done very well with it.